Server crashes rob players of alert reward?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ultramarine, Jul 24, 2013.

1. Ultramarine

Most of the alert update is great, except that it's now based on time. Do we know whether or not it's total time involved or time involved starting a count when you log in?
    I can see people crashing right before an alert end, logging back in and getting nothing for an hour and a half of gameplay.
    • Up x 4
  2. Tullerion

Kinda worried about this myself.. would be good to hear a blue response about it. that would blow chunks so hard if you were about to get that victory and the game decides to have a fit.. which has happened more times than not lol.
  3. SikVvVidiT

YOu guys can play? Most of us are just getting Black screens...
  4. Tullerion

Don't know, haven't tried logging in, avoiding the sh**storm that happens after every major patch.. PLEASE for the love of puppies, let there be no bad joojoo going on this time.. i will log in and everything will be sweet! #optimistic
  5. NeverWas

crashing is a rare scene, fourth faction switching sides is actually a more crucial matter.
  6. Ultramarine

Crashing is very common actually, and 4th faction got murdered by this alert reward change.
    • Up x 2
  7. Goretzu

Well if you if you think 2-3 crashes per hour is rare, then I guess so.

But personally I think PS2 crashes more than any other game (and certainly any other MMO) I've ever played. :(

I asked about this crash issue with alerts way back when this was first suggested by a Dev, don't think there was ever any answer.
  8. Tradewind

What is this "Crashing" thing? Never heard of it.
  9. Crator

Good point, that is excellent!
  10. TheBillOf3D

I've lost my alert points due to crashes before. But then I've also logged in just as the alert was ending. So it balanced out. I don't mind the change but I think you should still get a reward for your time you put into the alert.
  11. NeverWas

i would advise you check on your driver / softwares, i have encountered less than 5 crashes in the past few months
  12. Eclips

Just experienced it first hand. Played the entire duration--- crashed for no explanation (no bugsplat no webpage), 0 points for the alert. Pretty awesome.
  13. Goretzu

Everything is up to date (except the nvidia driver because the last two updates to that have been causing crashes in windows and bricking GPUs and that's running the last stable version, .14 I think off hand).

It's not drivers (nor if you know about drivers does updating to bleeding edge drivers mean no crashes, it's often the other way around).

More importantly IT DOES NOT HAPPEN IN ANY OTHER GAME, and it is much worse in big battles than roaming around in the middle of nowhere (although it happens there too).

The game also crashes every single time I quit the log out screen (as it does with 1000's of other from the threads on it).
    • Up x 2
  14. NeverWas

Crash upon log out is a bug that is true.

But then crashes in game seems to happen much less often.

Take me for an instant, i haven't had a crash since .... GU10 or GU11, everything is going smooth on my side.

I am quite certain my drivers are all up to date as well, then if it isn't the fault of our software, i would put my suspicion on the hardware.

I'm using ASUS G55, with GTX660 , 8g ram , I7 3630 2.4hz, what bout yours.
  15. Goretzu

Asus Maximus IV GENE (Gen 3), GTX560ti, 16GB ram, i5 2500k (@3.3mhz if not OC'd, makes no difference to crashing), PS2 on a 256MB SSD. All at or above PS2 recommened spec (and given that I run a fairly low monitor resolution even more so) CPU and GPU completely watercooled and temps are solid.

Runs everything else from Skyrim to Dwarf Fortress absolutely fine.
  16. NeverWas

well if that's the case then i believe your crashes came from the bottle neck of your hardware then. There are some scenario in large fights that makes even my laptop stutter, despite playing in medium setting and 85% render quality (i can run ultra with 25~35 fps). So what that means is whenever i get a stutter, that'd mean the game is laying heavy burden on your system, in which the same scenario does to same to your computer and eventually crashes it. That's my assumption.

btw, running smooth on other games doesn't give you smooth-proof on PS2, just saying.
  17. Goretzu

It is worse in bigger battles, but it is by no means limited to them, it can be the middle of nowhere with nothing happening.
  18. Hibiki54

One of my outfit members DC'd 5 mins before the end of an alert. Once he got back on, he only got a couple certs when the alerts ended instead of the full 10k XP.
  19. Elrobochanco

Yeah it gets you boned. Kind of stupid for them to make this fix before making it so you collected accrued alert xp even if offline when it "completes".

You can say crashes are rare, but that's not an excuse. It should be impossible to be not given the compensation you've earned.
    • Up x 1
  20. Phyr

QQ? You're complaining about not getting enough free experience. Back in my day you had to earn it. We had to wait 15 mins at an empty base for our certs. You whipper snappers got it easy.
    • Up x 1