Server crashes break certain characters (unable to log in anymore)

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by redpoint, Mar 11, 2014.

1. redpoint

This is a quote from the ticket i opened after the problem persisted.

It is actually NO connectivity issue / crashing. I can play the game perfectly with every other character except "redpoin7" NC on Miller. Even with the character "r3dpoint" that is a VS on Miller i can log in and play just fine.

It simply can't be a routing / pathing issue. It MUST be something that happened to my character during the Friday evening crash of the server.

For additional information (there are several people who have or had the same problem): http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/comments/1zunjd/miller_crashed_and_broke_my_main_character_client/

Crashing Information:
    - Where were you inside the game when you crashed?
    Xelas North Gate, Amerish. My whole squad was there, everybody got disconnected. Only i can't log in to my main character since 4 days.

- What was happening when you crashed (Zoning, Opening a UI, Playing a cutscene movie, etc.)?
    I was defending the A point. Last shot was a rocket.

- List the steps to reproduce the crash:
    - Galaxy drop - Defend A point - let the server crash - try to log back in - doesn't work - let it run for 35 minutes approx - realise that the client has crashed

Since the last updates the game remembers in wich base you were fighting before you crashed / disconnected / logged off. When you log back in it sets you spawn options near this base. I can just guess but it seems like something with this information for my characters spawn options has gone haywire, this feeds back to the log in process and crashes the client.
    Again, this ONLY affects the character "redpoin7". It has nothing to do with routing / ISP / hardware / directx etc.

Something has to be done to reset the characters positional information to let it log in and show new spawn options again.

After several tickets and GM contact it became clear that at this point, nothing can be done to reslove the issue.

I created this thread to keep track of the progress we eventually make and to supply people who are encountering the same problem with information.

ps.: The bandaid fix for this could be: Support deletes the bugged character, creates a new one and gives him all Battleranks + certs gained back.
  2. Valshaaran

Thanks for posting about this, almost certain I am in this boat. Support have been trying to help but I don't think they'll be able to sort it.
  3. redpoint

4. Odders

Exact same issue and exact same response from the Support team.
  5. redpoint

My character got fixed or fixed itself i haven't gotten any confirmation from support. Everything is working fine now.
  6. TSR AlexS Customer Service

I'm afraid that since this isn't a tech issue, you will need to continue this thread onto one of the gameplay forums.