[Suggestion] Server Change Token

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Mr. Thoughtful, May 6, 2018.

1. Mr. Thoughtful

There's already a name change token, quite pricey. Why not also make a server change token possible, more expensive then so be it. Would be nice, all i'm saying. Peace.
  2. Pikachu

• Up x 2
  3. Sprant Flere-Imsaho

I watched the video and I don't buy the explanations. The numbers he throws out like .00001% when referencing people with atrocious pings and packet loss; he has pulled those from deep within his large intestine. When people play an ordinary FPS, they sort their server list by ping and play on the first server that matches whatever they're looking for. The Koreans aren't going to transfer to an East Coast server. When you make your character in planetside, do you not also select by region/latency? I chose Connery because I'm on the West Coast. That's why the Asian Invasion™ is on Connery.
    Want a solution to the Asian Invasion that doesn't include server transfers or creating an Asian server? Ban them. No ping limit, ban by region. Only allow IP's registered by ARIN to connect to North American servers. Block known VPN exit points; it's not hard, even if you can't/won't find a list. When 200 accounts have connected from 1 ip within the past 24 hours; block it. I play primarily late at night when it's all Asian all the time. I'd rather be in fights with a half dozen people on either side than 100 lag wizards.