Seriously! Let people place bounties with Certs..

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TheRunDown, Nov 21, 2015.

1. TheRunDown

Since Bounties actually came out, I've seen ONE... One Whole Bounty.. And to make things worse, I didn't even have a Weapon with me at the time I could get a Tick on my Bounty Directives with..

No one is buying these things, so please just give up and make purchasable with Certs.

Tell a Lie, I once set a Bounty myself to find a Aimbotting Sniper with that HUGE Circle it puts on them.. Them blow his face off with Rocket Pods!
    • Up x 1
  2. LocuraTotal

I agree with you. Bounties should be bought using certs.
  3. Bindlestiff

It is meant to earn them money...and people ARE buying them from what I am seeing.
  4. zhengy4

My NC character got bounty here and then , much more frequently than my vs account, is it becoz I was always on some 20 killstreaks?
  5. DarkStarII

I've seen a bounty four times and one of my friends has been bountied once.
    I claimed two of he bounties, one before the directive for it :( and the other with rockets so it didn't count to the directive :(
  6. customer548

Honestly, people with bounties attract so much attention due to the fact that they are highlighted on the minimap.

Being able to place bounties with Certs would definitly ruin PS2 best players game sessions. I'm not even talking about possible harassment.
  7. Demigan

Bounties barely make an impression. While I personally love to hunt them down in general people don't go out of their way to kill them. Such as the Harasser team that went on for more than half an hour or more and not a single tank took their time to surprise them. I had to personally sit and wait above one of their repair spots and C4 them when they went there just so they went away because they were simply not stopped by anyone else.

And this counts for most of the few bounties I've seen. People just don't care. I've had a bounty twice, and I had to kill people several times before they seemed to make me a real target. Those handful of people became easy targets as they would be so eager to get me that they did stupid things, so it really didn't make it any better.

Then there's the problem that people are usually in a vehicle when they get a bounty. You know? The farmbots that kill 50+ people over the backs of the people who keep them safe? And how do you kill those with a bounty-directive weapon? Oh wait you don't.

So lowering the cost of bounties would be a great idea. Both in monetary terms as it would mean people would care less about the money they spent, and in game-technical terms. If you could pay with certs and/or resources and players could earn those for killing them you have a much larger bountied playerbase already, rather than players seeing a maximum of one in a month, if at all.
  8. Ballto21

i had three bounties placed on me at once at some point while stalkering near a sundy and stabbing people in the crotch
  9. eldarfalcongravtank

hell no! i dont wanna see giant red bullseyes on every second enemy i encounter. i'd seriously rather play HUDless then.

if they decide to allow bounty placement with certs, they should first put an option in the menu like "disable Bounty bullseye indicator"
    • Up x 1
  10. FieldMarshall

You need to kill 367 bounty targets with specific weapons to complete the directive.
    And most bounty targets are in vehicles.
    So far, i have seen 4 people with bounties since the system was released. 2 of them were on my team.
    At this rate, its literally going to take 10+ years to complete.

The whole system and especially the directive is ridiculous,
  11. WeRelic

Only due to the pay gate. If bounties were available via certs, they'd be more common.

Knifing someone in a vehicle might prove an interesting endeavor though.
  12. PasitheeVS

I would do it like that:

1 Bounty (3 Kills)

25-50 Certs or
    9 DBC

Bounty Flatrate (autom. places a bounty on the next 100 killers)

199 DBC

Right now, the price for a bounty is way too high 25 DBC equals ~ 25 cents.
    When the price is changed to 9 DBC however the people will think like this: 9 DBC = almost nothing

Also a Bounty Flatrate would give people at least a chance to do the Bounty Hunter Directive without padding it...

2 DBC per Bounty might sound cheap, but would massively increase the sales.
  13. Beerbeerbeer

Maybe they can make two different types of bounties, one with certs and one without.

The dbc one can remain as is while the cert one would work the same, but offer less experience.

Or they could make the dbc one last a lot longer.

Also, there should be some system-wide announcement of the bounty, who placed it and who it is on. Create some notoriety and angst, I mean that's what's there for. Make this announcement toggable so those that don't want to get spammed by it won't have to see them.
  14. WeRelic

This. You could even add a cooldown for certs that doesn't apply to DBC bounties to make spending the DBC slightly more worthwhile.

Get people to use the system first even if it's limited, and they'll be more inclined to spend money on it.
  15. Crayv

I think they should have bounty tokens that you buy, if you have a token you just spend that (and if you don't you just spend 25 Dank Buck like current). Then sell the tokens in bundles, for example: 100 of them for 1k DB. Then have a few bundles that you can buy with certs (like 10 for 250 certs).
  16. Moridin6

theres two issues.
    A. lower the DBC price or allow certs purchase (up to100 certs maybe)
    B. as stated, more directive ways to kill bountied players, get the vehicle into it