Serious suggestion...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ShotMeTender, May 6, 2013.

1. ShotMeTender

Is there any chance to see SoE finally forcing players to have only 1 char only and play it in 1 server only??

I mean this game is really getting out of control from this side, people who lames on allarms just having 3 char on the same server and logging with winning faction just 2 minutes before allarm ends...
    This game should promotes having 1 faction only, making player REALLY loyal to his faction....
    Creating then, as i suggested in Faction Betrayal Package post, consumables item to buy just for reset and change faction, instead of 3 or more char slot giving. Then maybe a 6 month chance to FREE server change only.
    A good thing to do could be melt down Character's total exp. in a single char, giving keeping BR and CP unchanged ( i mean justa reset not a quit) one last chance to change name, faction and server and see how this balance can works...
    Example:

NC char: 1,000,000 exp Miller
    SV char: 5,000,000 exp Woodsman

Will result in a 1,500,000 exp char (all certs points back to be spent again) and on the first log, a last chance to
    - Name
    - Faction
    - Server

For what i see, this is the only way to really balance population and avoid people to leave platoons just for log with Other chars on other servers and so on....

I know none of u will like this suggestion, i am pretty sure of it... But this is the only way to balance game above all...
  2. Tommyp2006

It won't happen because they will never force people to transfer servers, because it would force them to split up with their friends/outfits. It's a change they made that they cannot turn back from.
  3. Nocturnal7x

yup. All we can do now is remember. Never forget that sony is incredibly stupid and never misses an opportunity to fail.
  4. daemonDX

This is Free2Play MMO. Players will just create 3 accounts per server. This will hurt subscribers/SC-users mostly, because they are the only ones who benefit from using single account with multiple characters.
    • Up x 2
  5. SpcFarlen

We had this a while ago, then they took it away. Its hard to retroactively take anything away. Its like giving a kid some candy, then after they have eaten it taking it away. Its possible, but will cause a lot of pain. :(

A lot of members of the community warned against it, that faction imbalances would happen. Surprise, surprise, it happened.
  6. Tobax

No, been over this so many times that its far too easy to just make another free account.
  7. Jalek

They've been going the other way, encouraging more of it with the NS weapons that unlock on all characters on an account. Members have six slots, and usually only two servers in each region.
    Alert XP could use some sort of change, 10k isn't a huge amount but some sort of contribution would make sense.
    It'd have to recognize those who were queued and didn't make it in to the alert area as well.
    Running with the least-populated faction, 10k comes pretty quickly with the bonuses and stray enemy vehicles all over, so missing the victory xp shouldn't be an issue for people wanting to play the game instead of playing the system.
  8. ShotMeTender

First, i apologize for posting on the wrong section...
    Second, just my example, i have 2 chars as u can see from my signature....
    Sv is main char, the NC char instead has born as a funny try, but now i see i really like it...
    Grant players to have multiple chars even on multiple servers will result in a faked population gaming.
    No matter if free player or membership, but chosing every time on which server log in, log out, check alert and so on will kill the game in the end, or ruin it at least.
    Saw this problem on many Others mmo before PS2.
    What u said about outfit problem, it wuold really not be... I didn't say "Yes bound people to a random server" i just said "Make players chose one server where to play a single unique account char" and ofc forbid to create multiple accounts.
    People wuold be able to stay on their original server if they want. But able to change it as well...
    This is just my opinion though...