Sept. 23, 2022 - PTS Update

Discussion in 'Test Server: Announcements' started by RPG_Wrel, Sep 23, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mavor

Either rework construction completely so that's actually FUN for players to interact with, both friendlies and enemies OR remove it from the game and reimburse all the players who spent their DBC on it. I've seen some really good suggestions both here and on Reddit.

Either way, you're never going to please everyone, but the way you're going about it now seems to anger and upset a lot of players.
    I can't blame them either; you're selling a product that's already in very poor shape, and you continue to make it worse with so called "balance" or "adjustment" patches when in truth it's just slowly butchering the whole thing until there's no reason left to even bother with it, so again, either DELETE (and reimburse) or REWORK.
    • Up x 2
  2. ObsoleteVoid

Dear Wrel, the JGX12 is broken in PTS.
    [IMG]
    ( :
    • Up x 1
  3. Zeocrash

Yes but only on the Vanguard, not the lightning.
    It seems to spawn me under the world
    Footage
  4. Wolf

It takes ~1 min to kill the silo of a base with the Ancient Blade. You can't even get to a cortium node that fast some times.

If you're trying to make bases a team effort to defend then what changes are you going to implement to make bases a team effort to attack? Are you going to make the structures (or all construction elements) immortal while under the effects of a repair module again?
    • Up x 3
  5. AirpainFood

I don't see why the Larion projectile velocity needed to be changed. It was already at a good velocity, if a bit slow for what is suppose to be a railgun. Now it is just a tiny bit faster than the AP cannons. What is the point? I was extremely excited for this weapon, and now, not so much.
  6. TR5L4Y3R

... while it may please PMB busters, the fact that turretautomation will be gone very likely will lead to less people building PMBs in the first place as aside from platoons there are few to no people willing to help defend a random PMB ...

bunkers still should get a doorshield so infils can´t too easily hack them and get a MAX out of it ..

regarding AV grenades.. PLS offer them as a general Certoption to all infantry classes with maybe the exception of the Light Assault ..
    also UBG´s still need more love with buffs through ammonitionspouch to increase ammo for them, maybe also slightly buff dmg ...
  7. ObsoleteVoid

I've seen a lot of..debate about passive/automated kills relating to construction or otherwise...
    One solution would be to make automated kills count as assists, or not at all.
    I wouldn't agree that would be the right choice, but it's better than the current PTS changes.
  8. Raap

Coming from a dev team that is fixated on population-wrecking content like outfit wars over adding content and systems that actually benefit the entire game as a whole, these out of touch construction changes do sadly not surprise me.

However, at this point the backlash has been rightfully vocal enough on these forums, Reddit, and elsewhere publicly accessible, that they simply got no choice but to revert these proposed changes. I hope that, reading all of this feedback, they instead add a meaningful construction update to the 2023 roadmap.
    • Up x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.