[Suggestion] Separate Continent Command & Platoon Bastion

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Eaglebird, Apr 2, 2020.

1. Eaglebird

Short and sweet, two things I've noticed as the leader of a tiny outfit.
    1) Command chat would be better suited to be per continent instead of faction wide. I really don't care about The Crown when I'm laying down my life for Haven Outpost.

2) Squad/platoon lock the bastion; As the leader of a small outfit I had the chance to discover recently that the fleet carrier can ONLY be occupied by outfit members. If I field my bastion, I risk having very few guns manned and absolutely wasting the resources I spent to provide ESFs from the carrier. Additionally it puts a lot of work to shame, as a small outfit needs to perform that much more just to field a bastion, whereas an outfit of thousands of members will only be restricted by time as they eat every resource on the map.
  2. Gooyoung

I think they just recently restricted command chat, but comms has been weird since then so I don't think people realize it

And totally agree for bastion, it's just annoying for every single player that it's limited for outfit only. Both the outfit need to queue to a single continent and the people in the same continent in different outfit can't do anything with the bastion
    • Up x 1
  3. Eaglebird

The queue between continents is the queue, and shouldn't be favored towards outfits with an active bastion as that would disrupt your other allies who have been patiently waiting in line to give it the good fight.

All I'm asking is for the opportunity to actually use this thing I've "played" for. If I can't assemble 47 other people to join me that's on me, but if I have no incentive other than "look at me in my castle in the sky" few will join me in my short-lived domination of the battlefield.
  4. iller

Not to counteract the suggestion here, it SHOULD be an option regardless... but I strongly disagree with the concept of small Outfits even saving up for Bastions. They should be spending what little resources they do accrue on specialized-support features, especially "Anvil" drops.

Infact I somewhat disagree with Outfits who don't have a dozen Pilots /w 100 hours in the air pulling Bastions either because they either LIVE or Die solely on that metric alone. You can't keep a Bastion alive, and also being productive, if all you have for AA is 2 people in the only 2 AA pods it has on TOP of it, and everyone else down in a skyguard very slowly whittling away at all of the actually-experienced enemy fighters that will be coming out to DUNK on you (b/c this stupid Spectacle / Gimmick has robbed of them having Air Anomalies to do their Air-Chav routines around and they're going to get revenge somehow! and I don't blame them)
  5. Eaglebird

At the same time though you have players that don't realize what an outfit really is and just join the first one that recruits. So you have a dozen inexperienced pilots pulling from and gunning from the bastion anyway. I'm not making anvils when I can just play the game like normal and get my vehicles from a lattice base; my few members who do use them can craft them for themselves. The bastion is something I can have manned, not just as the leader of my outfit, but as the leader of my squad or platoon.

Just because I don't have 48 players in my outfit doesn't mean I can't have 47 others who want to work with me toward an end goal; if the bastion were open for platoons, would you still be saying small outfits shouldn't be crafting them? Sort of a slap in the beak if you ask me.
  6. Angel Devoid

I agree. However I will still pull one with my outfit of 4.
    Why
    Because its freaking cool!? And purely because I want to have ago so, why the hell not.
    • Up x 2
  7. iller

Yes I would because *my* outfit has single-platoonedly killed roughly 24 enemy bastions since this stupid crap launched. And it's sad to see this thing they scrimped and saved for get absolutely no chance of survival against outfits that have multiple times more experience with high stakes Vehicle coordination. It would be like a bunch of teenagers from NoMan'sSky being expected to stay alive in an EVE online Flagship rumble.

It's not a Trial and Error sort of engagement.
    [IMG]

You don't just "get enough attempts and eventually become successful..."

This is a matter of building up the fundamentals, muscle memory, and most importantly the Logistics that an Adhoc pickup group of randoms wouldn't even be willing to set aside the focus for. Honestly your best chance is just to find out which of these "Bastion Killer" outfits is out there and contact them ahead of time to negotiate a ceasefire for at least the first 30 minutes. Some of them will actually sympathize for your situation and may agree to it!
  8. Eaglebird

I dunno seems the whole premise was to get enough attempts to become successful, otherwise I wouldn't be getting back in the liberator when I fall down.

You also seem to show little faith in the people that play the game, because there's really not much to it: you shoot the enemy, sometimes you're in a vehicle, sometimes it's a different weapon, but you shoot the enemy. I have every expectation that players invited to join me would be much more effective than tactfully maneuvering and asking the other two factions for a ceasefire while I farm them.

Plus I farmed for this thing and I'll be damned if I don't get to use it.
  9. Eaglebird

Dear Wrel,

How many bug reports should I file for you to notice me senpai?
  10. Blam320

One, this isn't a bug. Filing bug reports isn't how you suggest changes to the game, it's to highlight unintended interactions. A good example of a bug would be ammo packs not despawning, or a gun not properly cloaking in first person. Fixing a bug doesn't usually impact gameplay all that much, unless the bug is sufficiently game-breaking.

But what you're suggesting isn't fixing a bug, ergo they're not going to read your "bug reports" asking for a fundamental change to command chat.

Second, the devs have already teased that they're working on new War Assets for smaller outfits to project power, if they can't afford to defend a Bastion. Something... Colossal. But in the meantime, you can still support your faction with Orbital Strikes, Citadel Shields, and by ANVIL dropping fresh Sunderers or tanks into a fight.
  11. Eaglebird

Thanks for the info captain but that implies I'm not already supporting my faction with my resources.
  12. Eaglebird

Reminder: opening the fleet carrier to a platoon is a surefire way to see them more interesting.