[Suggestion] Sensible vehicle launch pads PLEASE

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Zavatun, Aug 22, 2017.

1. Zavatun

One very frustrating feature of the game, that causes so many vehicle pileups, and slows down gameplay considerably, is the fact that so many bases have poorly positioned vehicle launch pads. In a real life scenario, no tactical thinking architect would have a launch pad for an emergency vehicle that runs straight into a wall or over a cliff. I have seen so many situations where the tide of a battle has been turned, not because one side is fighting better, but because vehicles have got stuck, and piled up on top of one another only metres away from the launch pad, or even on the pad itself. This especially applies where it is necessary to quickly launch a vehicle to dispatch a highly productive enemy spawn point. Giving vehicle launch pads a clearer run off area would greatly free up and enhance gameplay.
    • Up x 2
  2. Eternaloptimist

Pretty sure I read this the first time it was posted. Didn't bother answering then but will now.........as a long time infantry man but recent tank driver I have to say the only problem I've had getting off or past the vehicle spawn point is idiot drivers causing gridlocks.

I haven't used all the pads by any means so I don't know them all that well - which ones run straight into a wall or over a cliff?
  3. ZDarkShadowsZ

Rashnu Watchtower was always the worst for me. The northern vehicle spawn had players spawn and bump right into a wall. It was even worse when there were players who thought it was a great place for a Sunderer spot which then blocked up the entire zone. Clueless teammates spawning their vehicles would end up getting mushed by others trying to spawn over and over, especially in larger fights.

Indar Excavation was another until they changed the angle of one of the pads. It used to bump right into the building in front of it, also another favourite for players parking their deployed Sunderers causing yet more blockages. I'm relieved it was changed because my goodness it was infuriating.
    • Up x 4
  4. FateJH

Anyone remember northern Beta Crown? You either deccelerate as soon as you gain control of your Ground Vehicle or you discover just how far down it is to the seabed.
    • Up x 2
  5. Liewec123

theres some notorious ones like Haven Outpost which sends vehicles crashing into a big rock infront of the vehicle exit...
    if you spawn a flash the flash will stop for a few seconds for some reason.
  6. Zavatun

Um, I can't remember the names of all the problem ones offhand, but there are a few where you don't get control of your vehicle in time to stop it hitting a rock or a wall, or the vehicle in front of you, especially if it has slowed to avoid hitting a rock or wall itself. Someone created a vehicle terminal in a spawm tube area recently that ran into a wall, and there were the most horrendous pile ups there. I've also noticed that when people deploy sunderers near terminals (like under the biolabs) those terminals become unusable.
  7. Zavatun

... I should have specified "cloaked sunderers'. Deploying a cloaked sunderer near a weapons or vehicle terminal makes the terminal unuseable.
  8. Demigan

I would just allow players to gain control of their vehicle the moment they spawn. If you do nothing you still auto-drive, if you do anything you have instant control.

This solves all (vehicle&aircraft spawn related) problems. Yet for some reason people dislike it *AT mines hint hint*.
  9. AllRoundGoodGuy

[IMG]
    • Up x 1