[Suggestion] Sending Reinforcements

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Fisheyed, Feb 24, 2020.

1. Fisheyed

2 Waypoints / markers available to Platoon Leaders (maybe squad leaders), similar to how offensive request works.
    Make these waypoints only visible to squad leaders.

Or maybe some terminal at the warpgate, and you can equip something which makes empire markers visible. idk.
    (reward for squad leadership helmet, but you have to wear the helmet, would be Pog but restrictive) - maybe level 3 leadership directive reward lets you place markers visible to other leades. idk.

I don't know how the ui would look, but I would like to be able to say the number of reinforcemnts i'm sending.

EG.
    Squad leader does Offensive Request Marker at Quartz ridge.
    Me, a platoon leader, Does Sending Reinforcements Marker at quartz ridge.

I click on my marker and a number appears next to it, 12,24,36,48, no number. And I can signal how many units im sending.

Someone else clicks on the marker and they can see the name of the person who set it or some more details.

Make them disappear after 1 minute 30 or w/e time.
    Maybe later give some kind of stat for filling markers. - but would need some anti-abuse mechanic.

EG.
    I signal i'm defending crossroads with 48. I get 48 people from my platoon to lets say 200m away from the marker in 1min 30, (before the marker dissappears) I get some kind of reinforcements filled stat. (would probably need to be like 10,20,30,40 to get the fill requirement - or whatever is needed for medium or high cohesion / w/e. Cause I probably won't be able to get 48/48 in 1 minute 30.
    I also have a feeling reinforcments needed might last 2 minutes 30 but the cooldown is 1 minute 30 or something, i have no idea.

Needs an anti-spam mechanic to prevent people from rotating leaders or dividing into multiple smaller squads.
    (Cooldown starts when you become squad leadrer or something)
    • Up x 2