Seems as though the cheats don't hide much on test sever.

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by crazyoldfart, Apr 8, 2013.

1. crazyoldfart

I was on less than 30 minutes when 3-4 showed up in what was a fair fight. Shooting through walls, Killing in spawn room. Even a scat max in on it. This is not going well. I just logged back off. At least on live they are hiding it more so it's harder to prove. To bad people righting these scripts can't be prosecuted for disruption of service and financial loss. That's one law I would love to see passed.
    • Up x 1
  2. Regpuppy

Honestly, some of it can be chalked up to the horrible lag and bugginess of the test server.

One example I experienced myself.

>Friend seems to stop moving
    >I check if he's afk after he stops following me (he didn't move from the spawn room)
    >over Teamspeak he keeps insisting that he's right behind me
    >I tell him he's at spawn
    >he shoots me with a shotgun to prove me wrong

We then go on to him telling me when I'm pointing at him and I shoot. (I still don't see him) he says it goes right through him and then he shoots me again.

I then experience similar events throughout the day.

In short, I wouldn't take anything to heart. The test servers make the live ones look lag and bug free. A lot of the "wall hacking" and spawn killing is because what they see isn't always the same as what you see.
    • Up x 4
  3. shadowkhat

it wouldn't take but a couple of lines in the EULA to make it illegal but soe lacks the balls to do it... means they might have to do a bit of extra work by typing out forms for exclusions for places like twitch, teamspeak and things that aren't harmful... personally i wouldn't care if they just printed out the addresses to hackers they catch leave them in game just print out their name and address. bet the problem would take care of itself.
  4. ColdCheezePizza

Write on!!! :D

Isn't it illegal in S. Korea, think I overheard someone say that onetime, sounded legit since I know how serious those guys take their gaming over there. But even with a law on the books it would be very hard to even put a dent in these guys, if Hollywood and the music industry hasn't been successful, why would it be any different for the gaming superpowers. :(
  5. ChaosRising07

I was killed several times by invisible enemies and at first I was pretty suspicious. After it happened a couple more times and seeing people in /yell chat talk about it too, I'm pretty sure it was just lag. Although I think one guy may have known what was going on and was definitely taking advantage of it.
  6. Eugenitor

Well of course they have a place to test their cheats.

Why, what did you think the server was for?
  7. TrainerS2

Every day there more and more :D off thise nabs
    Heheeh thise dont make me angry but i see how SOE can do shi+ about it .
    There every day Aim boters ruin gameplay . or one guy defending bio lab shot everyone thry walls
    But i still get some fun play thise game .
  8. Jube

Maybe it was lag but I think maybe there were some cheaters on there.
    I was killed while defending a spawn point at the Bio lab. When I respawned I was killed immediately again inside the spawn room.
    Maybe there was a problem with the wall of the spawn room, I don't know.
  9. Purg

Felt like I was killed a couple of times by hackers. Was sitting on the satellite base at Allatum in a corner so I could cover a couple of entrances and actually saw bullets come through the wall and 2 shot me. Spawned on a reasonably nearby Sunderer - but in the opposite direction to where I was killed before and bullets came through the Sunderer and 2 shot me - same guy.

Been killed the moment I spawned in the spawn room at Snake Ravine.

Possible that it's lag or testing new net code - I'm playing from Sydney, Australia. Play on Connery, Mattherson and Waterson almost daily and never had that happen to me before.
  10. Cl1mh4224rd

I was shot in the face by a TR player I couldn't see while I was running up some stairs inside a building. He killed at least one other person after me and then wondered over /yell, "am I invisible or something" (paraphrased).

These anecdotes are probably related.
  11. McFatal

I think I know the problem, because I saw you get killed in a strange way on BuzzCutPsycho's live stream.

Skip to 45:50 and you will see what I mean. Something seems to happen where people were appearing in this spot at Dahaka Amp Station for about 4 seconds before they disappeared again. Maybe it has to do with when you spawn and game puts your model there while it loads you into your spawnroom or something.
  12. XRIST0

Yeah i also came across 2 idiots shooting through the floor in the 1st 10 minutes of playing .. or there is some problem or something like in the live stream above .

Im not playing there again until its fixed ..
  13. Cl1mh4224rd

Ah, that... That was me recreating my character and logging in for the "first" time. I had full control just before BCP blasted me in the face. :p The same thing happened to me the very first time I logged in. It put me in the center of the garage at a Bio Lab, half in the floor.

There's some issue with new character spawns, but I think it's different from the invisible-player/model-stuck-at-spawn issue.
  14. Deathcapt

I found a guy yesterday, who for me, kept respawning in the same spot. So I shot him, and then When I checked that same spot he was there, and I shot him again, thinking he had just respawned, and was just attacking again, then(remembering this glitch happening before) I watched to see if he stood up, he did, so I sent him a tell, and demonstrated with a couple pistol rounds to the foot, once he entered a vehicle he seemed to snap back to reality.
  15. Eskarne

I encountered the same thing, when I was attacking a base one of the guys I killed kept respawning at the same spot. First I thought he just had a medic so I shot him, but I ran around looking for the medic and couldn't find him, so the third time he reappered on the same spot I just watched for a while. The medic next to me couldn't see him at all since he ran right through him twice and the actual guy kept shooting and throwing grenades right into a wall. I shot at him once and he seemingly panicked, looked around and activated his shield, but still didn't move. So I killed him and sent him a tell asking where I'd killed him the last few times and the response was in or just outside the spawn room, which was on the other side of the base with several walls in between. I also asked a friend about it and he said that at one point he was continually killed inside a spawnroom just after dying by what he then thought was a hacker. Until they fix that bug I wouldn't be so quick to shout cheater if you die in a spawnroom.
  16. crazyoldfart

Now it's making more since, maybe. I was standing in the spawn room the last 5-6 times I was killed. I did run to the point a few times before and see a guy standing there like he was afk but he was kinda translucent. It was the second time I see him standing like that in the same spot. He was also one of the guys spawn killing me. :confused:
  17. The Fizz

you have to understand the the test server is not meant to be a "live" server. There will be bugs, lag, all sorts of stuff that we can't control. It would be very hard for a cheater to be on the test server because A) this is a server that have devs working on it all the time B) it would not be worth their time to actually cheat because things will get erased, updated, etc so there is no point.