[Suggestion] Scythe: Add 3rd-Person-View Visible Jet Direction Facing to Scythe

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by zaspacer, Jul 25, 2015.

1. zaspacer

Yeah, MvC (game and "get hype" community) are out there for me too. I like (or rather, "liked" since the "M" or MvC is now dead) to see the incarnations of the different Marcel Characters, I thought they were great. But the actual gameplay (beyond just seeing new characters and how they animate, etc.) isn't my thing.

I really look at the MvC series as a hybrid Fighting Game and Rhythm Game (like Guitar Hero). You have to play a Fighting Game to open a combo, then it turns into a Rhythm game to maximize the combo.

I do give MvC a LOT of credit as one of the few series to push the genre of Fighting Games. Most Fighting Games are only a handful of arbitrary mechanics from being SF2 (or similar ancient precursor).

Yeah, Parries are SF3's "universal mechanic" thing I mentioned. Something which I think just makes for a more narrow and more inaccessible game. It's a gimmick trend, and it literally hurts games, but most Designers (derivative as ever) can't get away from using them or thinking they're integral.

That's another big problem. Tweak the skill level impact wrong and it breaks the game for top players, tweak it the other way and you get a game where almost anyone can execute and nobody marvels at execution. It's a tricky bit to figure out how to balance. I have a Design gameplan to do it well, but for that one, I gotta keep it quiet (I don't want others to take it, even though it's very simple). It's something that SF2 does.

Yeah, I started using them, but then stopped cause my ears would hurt. The volume levels are just too erratic, and I can't rely on a moderate setting to project em all. I am not interested in losing my hearing over a game. So I play it on speakers... and lose noise directional awareness. :/

I fly most the time in 3rd Person. I'd probably fly all the time in 3rd Person if it let me Aim in 3rd.

My mouse doesn't have wheel tilt. I'm pretty finesse on the keyboard, I rarely miss keys. (unless I ghost)

I'd definitely like to work Descend (currently <Caps Lock>) into a more accessible keybind (maybe Analog into a slightly easier one too: I have it on "z").

I use my Pitch Up/Down keybinds in a number of simultaneous multi-keybind activation various moves. Using mixters of Pitch Up, Pitch Down, Throttle Up, Throttle Down, Yaw Right, Yaw Left keybinds, plus Roll with Mouse. I tried figuring out if I can work out some moves with Roll keybind + other keybinds, but I never figured out anything really usable.

If there's any interest, it could be neat to post what keybind combos we all use and when and how they are used.
  2. sebastian oscar post

There's already 3thd person dipsh!t
  3. CorporationUSA

Work on your reading comprehension, dipsht!

Good luck on your game. I think a fighter that can capture the spirit of SF2 would be a nice departure from air-dashers we are mostly getting these days. I would urge you to design it with a rollback netcode in mind though, it's the best alternative to local play. Most fighters seem to use a variable delay code instead, which is a shame. I think that is because they are usually designed for the Japanese market first.

I'd imagine that is more of an earbud issue, though the game does have some erratic volume levels. It shouldn't hurt your ears though. If PS2 supports surround sound, you may be able to use that, though it's probably not cheap.
  4. zaspacer

We're probably going to be limited with whatever UFE has. We have talent ready in art/design/music, but need to rely on UFE (or similar) for Engine/Coding. At least at this point.

It's a project that's been inching along forever, and not being actively worked on, so it probably won't progress much any time soon. Doesn't help that I stumble to figure out the UFE Design tools. :/

Yeah, my ears were hurting. Maybe it was the headphone muffs themselves. Earbuds have hurt my eras too, though with them it's more the earbud shape itself agitates my ears.