Screenshake done by bullets

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Sephuku, Dec 8, 2012.

1. Sephuku

Get rid of it or at least tone it down. It's a horrible mechanic that nobody likes and it's implementation in this game was done very poorly (as in exagerated as ****).
    It sure is fun when you have a weapon with low rate of fire and someone just spams bullets with a faster one hitting you constantly from any distance, disrupting your aim WAY too much. Does this reward skill? Is it worth the trade for damage when it's incredibly difficult to aim in those situations because the game is slapping your crosshair upwards?

I know it's a casual game with a low TTK, but this is just plain silly.
    • Up x 1
  2. Sephuku

Wow, truly the Call of Duty audience.
  3. Phyr

Just lost all creditability, anything and everything you say will be ignored.
    • Up x 4
  4. Sephuku

It may be ignored but that doesn't mean I'm wrong.
  5. Phyr

It shows enough about you/your way of thinking.
    • Up x 2
  6. JokeForgrim

As an NC i hate this/ I agree.

Im fighting recoil and screen-shaking just to get a kill, its nearly impossible. I played on a stupidly high sensitivity when i started (trying to find the right sens for me) and it seems it's actually unaccountable (unlike recoil)

I think if they made it counter-able, or made recoil not such a huge factor then the whole "THE EARTH IS SHAKING" thing wouldn't matter so much.

COD is just a fish btw.
  7. gunshooter

This mechanic is specifically taken from call of duty and battlefield...

Everything about the core gameplay of Planetside 2 is ripped straight from those games.

Do you feel dumb now?
  8. Sephuku

Hence why I said truly.
    And no, you probably do for pointing out the obvious.
  9. ImGladUmad

All though Im not really bothered by the mechanic...Maybe I gotten used to it.

I remember somebody in the Beta forums specifically asked for this lol.....I can't believe SOE listened, I said it was a dumb idea.
  10. Zelcot

One of my buddies complains about this constantly. I on the other hand rarely notice it, I suppose because I'm "in the moment" so to speak. I feel it adds a lot of impact and makes the shooting a little harder which with a game where shooting is incredibly easy already, is not a bad thing in my book.

It does however give higher fire rates a bigger advantage and I also agree it could be toned down. They could also possibly balance it a bit. Say harder hitting bullets have more impact.
  11. Tuco

Toning it down really won't matter. So you miss by 10 meters instead of 50 meters, you still miss.