Scout rifles aren't all that bad......

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by PreZiDenT, Mar 9, 2017.

1. PreZiDenT

Feel free to subscribe to my channel. I post videos weekly :)
    • Up x 4
  2. Maecy

Most scout rifles aren't that bad (the Vandal, on the other hand, is downright amazing for almost all ranges except long. it has fairly decent cqc with laser sight). The Tomoe is an exception to that rule (yes, it's a scout rifle). No damage falloff and very little recoil, signs of a midrange weapon even though it has fairly slow MV-yet its ideal effective range is from roughly 10-30 meters. Not just that-you HAVE to aim for headshots or you will regret your choices instantly! Man, this gun is the EPITOME of good weapon design. Why use a close-med range BASR (for NC, it's the SAS-R. For VS, I believe it's the Ghost. For TR, idk) that has 0 TTK when you can have 0.24 secs TTK? PRO WEAPON DESIGN RIGHT DER
  3. BartasRS

OK you've made up my mind. Was looking for some fun weapons to aurax next. Scout rifle it is then :)
  4. PreZiDenT

Tom
    I haven't tried the Vandal yet but will probably try it during the weekend. I'm familiar with the Tomoe and it's hands down the best in narrow places (corridors, paths with one exit) :)
  5. PreZiDenT

Hehe, that's why I started with them :)
  6. CaptCran

I started off with the empire specific rifles to get a feel for them which is what I do for every class of weapon. The NS-30 Vandal is still my top pick out of the battle rifles with a accuracy of 32%. Was an interesting ride to say the least.
  7. PreZiDenT

Vandal is a beast. Tried it yesterday after a year in hiatus. It certainly packs a punch and I can see it be auraxiumed in a day or four.
  8. Abraham with Cheese

I do love my scout rifles, but I'm concerned with their attachments. For some reason, adding a suppressor (from what I've noticed) to the full-auto NC AF-18 Stalker makes it LOUDER than it was before, and it somewhat does to the others as well. Other weapons with suppressors become quieter, why do these defy that rule? I've had people tell me they found me from how loud my weapon was, even if I wasn't appearing on the tactical map.
    • Up x 1
  9. pnkdth

I simply use comp/grip on my STALKER. Keep on the move, make people chase your dot, is far more effective than using a suppressor. Not to mention it becomes insanely accurate too and extends my effective range by a fair bit.

With the Artemis though, I feel like a silent killer roaming the battlefield. Wish the other two factions could experience that.