[Suggestion] Scopes scopes and more scopes!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Mechspectre, Apr 17, 2013.

1. Mechspectre

This post is copied from a post in the infiltrator forums. Since this doesn't necessarily apply only to infiltrators, I thought i might post it here for great visibility and more feedback.

I love my infiltrator, and I want his life to be more enjoyable.

What I would like to see is more diversity. As of now we have all kinds of scopes. Thats all well and good, but we have some scopes with the same magnification and just different crosshairs. I think we could have some fun with scopes. They are very unique things, and in a scifi setting like this, an excellent way to bring creativity and diversity to the table.

Here is a list of some of the things I would love to attach to my murder stick.

- An infrared scope that is the inverse of what is available. 8-10x zoom, and instead of being blind past ~50m, Why not have it blind prior to ~100m. You retain the balance of not being able to see everyone. Leaves you vulnerable to attacks who flank or close distance, and allows you to more easily spot people way in the distance. Also, no way to tell friend from foe, so before you shoot something, it better have a dorito on it's head.

- Stationary Thermal. Hear me out here, this might be painful for some of the CoD folk, but I assue you, it is not as bad as it sounds. Instead of having nightvision v2.0. Bodies generate heat. Bodies in motion generate more heat, however, it is dissipated by diffusion in to the atmosphere. Make it so players generally 'blend in' to the wash when moving, but as they become stationary, the heat gathers around them, causing them to glow red against green/black. I don't know what the time threshold would be, but people who are standing still (lazy snipers in hard to reach places) would stick out like a sore thumb.

- Sonic. Uses low frequency waves to echolocate enemies at short distances through matter. 1x scope. Cyclical 'click' as each pulse is given. Enemies appear as stationary 'ghosts' in the scope, only allowing you to see where they were when the scope 'clicked', kinda like a still photo film.

- Variable zoom. Nuff said.

If I find this has a warm reception here, Ill post it to general and see how well received it is there.
  2. GSZenith

scope with colour adjustment as in not only black, black on certain things are just..no, where did my brusier go.
  3. Zakuak

I'm not to stoked at giving you guys more tools to pick away at me with but I'm an avid thumbs up guy for more selection of anything in game.

Cool ideas
  4. phreec

Variable zoom is the only suggestion I liked.
    I despise all sort of crutch scopes like the IRNV that reward oblivious players with free chamhacks and make stealth and tactics less viable. I'm just not a fan of 'automated-everything' modern shooters are becoming. Revealing hidden enemies should take at least some sort of teamwork, thinking or effort. Not just a RMB click and a ballerina spin...