SAW Iron sight ADS bobbing

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by anaverageguy, Feb 13, 2013.

1. anaverageguy

I don't know when this was changed, but I'm wondering if other LMGs have been affected as well. The other guns I often use, like the Mercenary, have been unaffected.

Previously, when I moved around with the SAW in ADS, it felt just like my other weapons. The sights were relatively steady. Now, if I so much as take a step forward, backward, or side to side, the SAW's iron sight bobs up/down and left/right (if moving to the side. Yes, it goes both up/down left/right at the same time.). It doesn't affect CQC much, but at medium to long range, it's more difficult to land hits while moving. The bobbing is enough to throw the aim completely off target at long range even before shots are fired, and seeing how many people concede that the SAW stands out most in long range.. I think this change should be reverted.

I've checked and found that the bobbing with night vision is pretty much nonexistant. Did the iron sight really need a nerf?

Please make SAW iron sight ADS relatively steady again while moving.
  2. Nocturnal7x

hmm, Ill have to pull the saw out to see this. I havent used iron sights since before my first 30 certs earned in this game. My guess is its a bug, like everything in this game.