SAS-R sniper rifle has incorrect scopes or incorrect classification

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Nommingu, Nov 23, 2012.

1. Nommingu

Upon purchasing the SAS-R for 700SC i noticed 2 things. 1) it doesnt come with a scope and 2) the scopes available to unlock with certs are all close to mid-range battle rifle scopes not sniper scopes.

this leads me to believe that either the SAS-R has been incorrectly classified as a Sniper Rifle instead of a Scout Rifle (unlikely considering the description of the weapon) or it has been given the wrong set of scopes.
  2. Warhawke

The Ghost is the same exact way.

Irked me as I did not even think I should look for this since it was classified as a sniper rifle and not a scout or battle rifle.
  3. SideOfBeef

Can someone quote the descriptions for these weapons? If they were described as mid-range, then they should probably be reclassed as Scout rifles. If they were described as long range, they probably have the wrong set of scopes.
  4. Warhawke

The Ghost has long range. Same exact stats at the V10, but has 2 bars more for rate of fire.
  5. Nommingu

classified as long-range in stats has the same stats as the bolt driver except it has better reload speed
  6. SideOfBeef

I don't mean in stats, I mean the two-sentence descriptions for each weapon.
  7. Nommingu

the description says medium range sniper rifle for the SAS-R, bit of a paradox really
  8. Warhawke

I already said, it is classified as a Long-Range weapon.
  9. Nommingu

the thing that gets me, is if its a scout rifle why the small mag size and bolt action? something isnt right here

the scout rifles are Semi-Auto or full Auto with a 10 or 20 round mag respectively
  10. Warhawke

The Ghost is a 5 round magazine. It's so odd, that it is close to the V10 in every way, except for the scopes it uses.
  11. Nommingu

need a response on this please
  12. deusex2

Yeah, my issues with those rifles are exactly the same, and those guns are just useless.
  13. Kich

Ran into the same issue when I got it. It's kind of grown on me though. I've been using it as a short range infiltration rifle with 4x scope and silencer. Since the bullet drop from silencer is so large the 4x scope on it is fitting. So I tend to flank and try to get a good close spot.

I'm probably going to get the la80 with 12x for long range though.
  14. Nommingu

Thats not the point though kich... plus if you are that close with a bolt action rifle with 5 rounds you pretty much have to hit anyone coming towards you or rely on (if you are NC) very under powered sidearms
  15. Kaska

it's a so called side-grade. Sometimes your play style doesn't fit to what your gun offers.

You sometimes want high lethality gun but are hindered by high powered scopes at close range, so you take the weapon that offers close-to-medium combat optics, at an expense of long range combat.

Same is between Spectre and Phantom (VS semi-auto rifles). Same damage, same rate of fire, similar recoil, but one can only equip 6x-12x scopes and the other 1x-4x. Seems fine in my eyes.
  16. Kich

I agree, it's a weird rifle. It should either have long range scopes or allow you to stay zoomed in as you pull the bolt. I've just been trying to make it work since I got it in the infantry bundle. I also wasn't expecting the suppressor to give that much bullet drop so that's why I've been using it in bio dome battles for example.
  17. StormFrog

I took a look at the game files and I can confirm that the SAS-R is basically a Bolt-Driver with a faster reload time and iron-sights.