Saron/Enforcer altered for Harasser, but Vulcan remains unchanged?

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by NUKABAZOOKA, May 14, 2013.

1. NUKABAZOOKA

The initial concern with releasing the MBT Secondary AT weapons was the Vulcan. I saw numerous comments on how this would be a problem.
    However it's the Enforcer and the Saron that receive changes? I guess I'm a bit baffled.
    The Anti-Infantry options seem unchanged from their MBT versions.

Pics:
    Vulcan
    [IMG]
    Saron:
    [IMG]
    Enforcer:
    [IMG]
    • Up x 5
  2. Solanaar

Hmm, so a minor DPS loss on armor (like 5% or something, I think :D) for the Saron (accounted the .25 sec firing delay into the reload, not sure if its still .25 sec still though) yet we get higher RoF, still one hit infantry (direct damage + splash is 1750), and keep the same splash damage.

Overall I would take the faster reload Saron over the slower reload one if I could choose for my Harasser, It feels a lot more like it was designed for the Harasser now. Only time will tell but I think this is a positive change for the Saron.

EDIT: Got carried away heh, anyways I bet the Vulcan has not been changed yet because its a lot bigger balance issue than the other empires AP turrets.
    • Up x 2
  3. FyerFyterMC

Have to remember about the vulcan is the big CoF is has. You would be lucky to hit a target, at the ranges the other 2 can hit, with a couple rounds out of the 30
    • Up x 2
  4. OddChelsea

However with the harasser range is less of an issue. A good harasser driver can easily stay within the most effective range of the vulcan.
    • Up x 1
  5. Whiteagle

Which is more then can be said of the Prowler...
  6. FyerFyterMC

This is true. It will no longer be on a bulky, slow tank.
  7. Ranik

Methinks that they are still looking at the Vulcan and thinking "What the **** are we going to do with you?" :D
    • Up x 4
  8. Shockwave44

lol the halberd does 500 more damage than the saron and they think the 1 second faster reload speed is going to make up for it. Having no drop doesn't even factor in with the halberd since it has a faster muzzle velocity and splash damage.

What a waste of certs.
    • Up x 5
  9. Fallout10mm

Agreed. I think they'll hit it much too hard with the nerf bat, as its pretty obvious you cant just give it the same as the prowler without NC and VS crying so hard indar becomes a ocean again.
    • Up x 2
  10. Shockwave44

It would just overflow from all the the crying the TR and NC did over the ZOE.
  11. Fallout10mm

The problem with comparing the ZOE to the Vulcan is that the vulcan is already balanced (in it's tank form), the ZOE is/was basicly becoming a glass cannon....on speed.
    • Up x 1
  12. Shockwave44

Until it goes live, I don't know what the problem is. It's called a test server for a reason.
  13. Badname0192

The Vulcan turns into a poo-for-accuracy weapon well before the Saron or Enforcers do. So too the damage output, poo for dmg output. Not to mention that the Vulcan is poo for damaging infantry to boot.
    • Up x 1
  14. Pudgeinabowl

The other 2 MBT secondaries have effective ranges equal or greater than that of actual MBTs. Given that harrassers can get into much better 'sniper' positions than actual tanks.

The Vulcan on the other hand needs to be 10-20meters aways, and god help your gunner if you're driving over even marginally bumpy terrain.

A vulcan armed harrasser has literally no dps on the way in to fight a tank, and no defense against aircraft unless they hover over you. Sarons and enforcers can 'snipe' at aircraft (much like a halberd), and can get 1-2 good shots off even if they're charging at a tank.

The vulcan gunner gets to **** himself on the way in before attempting to unload 30rounds of the biggest COF in the game (untrue but it is huge) while possibly sideways due to the driver hitting a small shrub.
    • Up x 1
  15. InMedeasRage

So a fragile vehicle base mounting a devastating weapon equivalent to the CAS30 is not a glass cannon on speed? I really have to wonder when VS will get something GOOD and not have it pre-release balanced into uselessness and then re-balanced into an game-average weapon for its role.
  16. ladiesop

I like how the description calls the Harasser Enforcer the ML65, when the icon says it's an ML85.
    • Up x 1
  17. Torok

ahem the vulcan is by far not as good as the CAS30, which instead deals 500 in the first 200 meters, and then drop off to 250, while the harrasser/prowler vulcan only deals 120/110 damage
  18. AnotherNoob

If you call 1s shorter reload unchanged, then yes.
  19. ladiesop

1500 / 3.25 = 461 DPS
    1000 / 2.25 = 444 DPS

The Saron-H and Enforcer-H exchange ~17DPS for being better against infantry due to fire rate (it should still one shot infantry with 1000 + 750 or 1000 spash).
    • Up x 1
  20. BarxBaron

For the first day people couldn't hit harassers.

Then all of sudden tank drivers remembered they could use this magical thing called aiming............

Hell, I rarely miss med ranged harassers that are going full tilt.

Vulcan seems cool but you will get eaten trying to get into the sweet spot of what....50m-60m? Either way when they nerfed it they normalized it so that it can "work at longer distances with a smaller dmg drop off". Shame the cone stayed basically the same - its CoF is the limiter now and "working at longer distances" is bunk because the CoF bubble turns into the size of Rigley effin' field.

And don't you start about button tapping. That's hilariously bad dps ;p

All I know is getting within 100m of a decent tank is calling for death. Enforcer and saron work much better at longer ranges then that.......oh well at least I'll still have halberd :/

Oh don't misunderstand me. I'm still gonna get it because my gunner will likely cry for it and its one of the few ES weps that fit the bullet spray theme of TR. Just don't expect for a vulcan harasser to look at you and for you to instantly melt without any chance to defend yourself......I'll never understand why people STILL think this gun is OP after its mega nerf.
    • Up x 2