[Suggestion] Sabotage and the Building System

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Dark008, Aug 7, 2023.

1. Dark008

Running into the enemy base once again, I wondered about the increased inability to hack various devices on the structures built by the players.

For example:

- Turrets.In developer-created buildings, such as the Tech Plant, turrets are hackable, while the only way to neutralize player-created turrets is to destroy them with explosives or vehicles. The module slots would ideally fit protection against hacking, but alas, there is no such mechanics.

- Gates. On the vehicle buildings created by the developers, the gates are subject to deactivation by sabotaging the generators. The gates created by the players again have only one way to deactivate - destruction.

What are these problems? Temporary oversight or conscious decision? And how do you think this could be changed?

I would suggest adding a new "sabotage module", which, depending on the build, would create some problems in operation. For example, increased respawn time for Rebirthing Center and Command Center until it is removed. Or temporary shutdown of the vehicle gate 20(?) seconds after the module is installed. Or reduce the heating time of the turrets to indecent indicators. If Cortium bombs are more useful for assault classes, this would be more useful for infiltrators.

And I would finally give the infiltrator the opportunity to hack turrets.
  2. Ps2 player

not sure if you are new, but infiltrators already have been nerfed with construction for the exact reasons you are stating.

bunkers used to have hackable terminals inside, infiltrators would hack those terminals to spam cortium bombs (pre-patch when cortium bombs were an entirely different item that could be placed anywhere) 1 infiltrator would disrupt the whole gameplay of consttruction bases as your faction wouldnt bother defending your base if its in a useless area leaving it up to the builder and the relentless attacks of the infiltrator rinse and repeating cort bomb spamming, hacking vehice terminal to deploy sunderers, aircraft terminal, mine spamming.

adding those features you are asking for would just bring that exact problem back to construction which the community voiced against to be removed.

as for sabotaging module the worm module already acts as a sabotaging method to prevent any building from being healed, for a good awhile as well.

hacking construction turrets would be abused severely as you wouldnt be able to kill the turret once hacked, especially it being a anti vehicle turret and you placed a healing module inside it, you would then have to pull a vehicle from a base wasting your nanites to kill a turret that heals itself and if you arent running ammo printer 5 you would most likely run out of tank rounds before it died causing the turret to heal over time while you go restock ammo.

what you can do as this isnt listed as an exploit is simply buy a turret yourself, go to that persons base and place it inside/outside their base, if you want to block their gate shield, u can just place a wall infront of it. your own construction objects do not power themselves with enemy silos so they decay over time, i have seen people do such things to take down hard to kill construction bases especially if its in open flat land to provide cover to advance on the enemys base.
  3. Dark008

Thanks for the answer and mentioning things that were before I came to the game.
  4. Larington

Hmm, but now that stalker cloaker cortium bombing has been brought to an end, maybe allowing infils to (Out of cloak) disable a vehicle gate is something that actually should be allowed.

The hacking of the player turrets I'm not so sure about though - maybe allow it, but instead of flipping ownership of the turret, it instead kicks the occupant out so an infil can attempt to stab/shoot them.
    • Up x 1