Ruined

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Concordia, Jan 13, 2021.

1. JustGotSuspended

Would be cool if you could kill pilots by jumping as a light assault at tearing through the cockpit with your lynx like in the trailer
  2. MonnyMoony

Very little has been done to make the new or casual player experience any better (perhaps besides re-deploy).

The devs seem hell bent on providing more and more bulk farming toys for Vets (OS, Bastion, Colossus, Flail, Glaive etc)
  3. Concordia

Someone told me that PS2 on the Playstation 4 was more in line with a casual player experience, because there's fewer coordinated teams to farm us poor unskilled solo folks. I'm going to try it out and will let you know.
  4. Demigan

Actually the "coordination" is pretty minor. It's a problem in most bases because you have a fight going on and one guy tells 48 people "everybody go there" and suddenly you are zerged and all your progress is annihilated (or made pointless as they do in a minute what you tried hard to accomplish). Once that platoon lands on a base the actual coordination is minimal and they are more or less 48 individuals who happen to be in the same base together. Such is the nature of voice-comms for large-scale battles. You can find more coordination between a MAX+pocket engi than the average 48-man platoon.

So as a solo player here's your solution: Pick a large fight that won't instantly flip should an outfit or platoon decide to drop in, like a Biolab or TI Alloys or similar.
    Check how the battle is progressing. It doesn't matter if all your allies and enemies are in squads, platoons and outfits that you aren't in.
    See where your talents can be useful. Use them. PS2 by nature does not allow players to stick together, people die, respawn, need to return back to the frontline and by the time they get there some of their squad/platoon/outfit buddies have also died and are now respawning etc. You can simply take one of the dead people's places while they respawn. Alternatively you can make use of your allies, while they are fighting and keepign the enemy engaged you get a chance to get in on the flanks and do some damage. This is pretty much my standard MO: See where my allies are keeping the enemy busy, hit the enemy from any direction that isn't where my allies are.

That is actually more teamplay than most of those squaddies are having. You aren't just bashing your face in against an enemy, you are using your allies position and actions to formulate a plan and help them succeed.
    • Up x 2
  5. bavarian

I am a Vet. Beta Player and i can only agree with you Concordia.
    I had all my hopes in Andy but now that he´s leaving and we are left with Wrel i can only pray that TR and NC will get a little attention as well not only Vanu. PS2 used to be a well balanced game and many Vet. players in our Outfit and through out the TR and NC community agree that the Game also used to be much more enjoyable.
    I wouldn´t be playing PS2 anymore if it wasn´t for the ppl in my Outfit, we go back to Beta times and therefore i will keep playing for now. Wrel, i don´t mean no disrespect but I don´t think that you are the right person to equal update all 3 factions due to all of us here in the community know that your heart is beating purple!
    • Up x 2
  6. bavarian

There are multiple problems within the game and in order to enjoy PS2 again these issues should be fixed somehow. The factions should be forced to attack each other equal. After an Alert has started faction hoping (4th faction) shouldn´t be possible. Zerging should give less points when winning a base or the faction with the less number winning a base from the faction with higher numbers should get more points. Bullet drop rate, recoil, rpm, magazine size should be basically equal in all factions (very similar weapons 4 all factions) .. These points used to be balanced but that was a long time ago.
  7. Concordia

Thank you for a very thoughtful response. Given this advice I gave what you said a shot. Whereas before in 2014-2015 I could charge into a fray blindly, I have to have much more situational awareness now. I need to have some infantry in the area with me for sure so I don't get swarmed in the MAX, and I can be first through the door and the infantry comes in right behind me and scatters the defenders before they can focus fire on me. I have to make sure after a kill I don't hang around for them to come back with friends (whereas in the old days I could charge away if that happened).

Or I grab bursters and keep enemy aircraft away from the field. That one actually surprises me as even if I'm the only AA we have in a major fight, enemy aircraft won't come anywhere near the battle after losing 2-3 ships, and end up going all ground vehicles. Or I'll go to a generator room and make sure that the enemy can't repair it, etc etc.

The major difference is my role as a solo, unsquadded, unaffiliated MAX is such that I can't simply charge into a fray anymore. It's tactical now, as you alluded to above. So I can make a contribution, but it's different than before when I could disrupt entrenched infantry positions. Now I'm throwing wrenches into enemy strategic objectives. I appreciate the meaningful insights, and yes doing things this way has allowed me to get some good kills and make a difference for VS, even without the charge ability (though boy do I still miss it).