Ruined my account by accident, ragequit time.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by BlackDove, Dec 17, 2013.

1. BlackDove

I went to VR training to try out the "new" nanoweave, and I accidentally used my refunded certs and unlocked nanoweave 5, thinking it didn't use them in VR.

I was under the impression that using stuff in VR training was VR, and wouldn't actually use certs etc. Shows how much I've used VR.

Now, most of the certs I got "refunded" which wasn't nearly enough, have been used to unlock nanoweave 5 on my engineer.

My friends are asking if I will ever play again. Really not sure right now. From power virus menus to this halfassed VR training that actually lets you use certs, I'm pretty much done.

I think I'm going to go spend another few hundred dollars on Steam games other than this.

Now, if only I could get the real money I spent refunded LOL.
    • Up x 1
  2. vsae

I once unlocked 5 ranks of flash turbo for same reason there. Seems to me that it is pathetic reason to quit the game lol
    • Up x 9
  3. Blarg20011

Cool... I guess? Why don't you contact support and explain the situation to them, sometimes they're pretty nice people.
    • Up x 5
  4. Liquid23

lol... no offense but that was all your fault

you just equip things in VR not actually buy/unlock them... it even has a warning telling you you don't have to buy it
    • Up x 6
  5. MFP_TK_01

What are you doing offering this man solutions? Can't you see he wants to rage!
    • Up x 4
  6. longmachao

So..what's the point of this thread? Some kind of pathetic attempt at begging for a roll back? If you're gonna quit just go..why even bother visiting the forum. When i quit other MMO i just leave.. stop being so melodramatic. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't there a little warning that pops up when you are about to purchase something in the VR.
    • Up x 3
  7. Elrobochanco

I've done this once, with a single rank of something, But I could have sworn when I did there was a very specific popup message telling me that I don't have to in VR.
    • Up x 1
  8. RHINO_Mk.II

Don't let the door hit you in the **** on the way out.
  9. DJPenguin

Sucks that certs aren't infinite.
    • Up x 1
  10. FateJH

I think the premise of this thread is odd. How can you "try out" Nanoweave in the VR? Yes, I know you can equip it, but the best you could hope for is cosmetic differences as far as I am aware. VR is a "friendly-fire safe" region last time I checked.
    • Up x 1
  11. Trebb

If it makes you feel better, I was *not* in the VR, went to upgrade my harasser weapon and did so 2 steps in a row, spawned it and found myself on a flash. Oops!

Even worse? I did it again an hour later lol
  12. Liquid23

you can shoot and destroy your own vehicles I believe
  13. BlackDove

The point of VR is to test stuff out last time I checked. Didn't notice the equip vs unlock thing. I must have clicked right through whatever warning there was.

Yep, my fault for not reading the million new warnings they put in after they uncerted stuff, only to leave it in the game but change its effect. Why not just make an option to refund the certs since they changed the effect? Another poorly thought out patch that has enraged another customer. Oh well, what GU are we up to? That's right we're on PU's since the first 13 updates just broke the game.

I guess its all about the fine print. Seems like I should have had more certs though. I had a couple hundred last night. I had nanoweave 4 on all my characters, plus level 4 ZOE, and all of that was uncarted to give me something like 2000 certs total when I logged in.

And I was under the wrong impression that you couldn't unlock stuff in VR training... since it's VR training and not the normal game. Now I have 800 certs and I have to re-cert the stuff I spent a long time unlocking, and that's a huge amount of work wasted. That's why I'm pissed.

There should have been an option to uncert things in the game since the beginning.
  14. Tobyowner

True that SOE need to do something about uncernt somethings. But i thought that they are going to do something about it. But i was delay because of OMFG.
  15. Ianneman

>**** up
    >HURR THE GAME SUCKS

Also it's about a week's work of certs, not that much.
  16. Klypto

Uh, OK. How is this such a big deal?

Does OP not know how to earn certs?

This is something that you tell your friends and laugh about, and then forget about it like a few minutes later.
  17. RobotNinja

So just to clarify you're saying that your account is ruined and you're rage-quitting because you maxed out Nanoweave for one single class? There's no way you'll ever be able to make another 1500-ish or whatever certs?
  18. CNR4806

I'm certain that unlike in normal continents, a popup will warn you against certing things in the VR.

It's your fault to ignore that, and if you've decided to ragequit over that, may I have your stuff? Otherwise just leave, because you obviously confused Forumside with Facebookside.
  19. BlackDove

People use Facebook still? LOL

And yeah, if I've gotten to BR62 with no boosts and no premium, and certed as much stuff as I have, I'm pretty sure I can do it again. I spent like $50 in the game, and now I'm glad it wasn't more. I spend hundreds on steam, but no more on this.

The game has become more about crashing to desktop, graphics getting downgraded and reading fine print to make sure you don't screw yourself over with the latest nerfs.
  20. IamDH

500 million people use facebook. A lot of people have fallen to the VR thing (including me) but its a really lame reason to quit.