Rocket scopes?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Exostrike, Dec 31, 2012.

1. Exostrike

Do any of the rocket launchers in this game come with scopes or do we all have to use the iron sights?

I only ask because its a right pain engaging armour at distance with iron sights.
  2. mrPandarian

3. Liquid23

the lock on ones have a scope ... other than that just iron sights ...

honestly tho I'll tell you the same thing I've told every green recruit I've met in real life... if you can't ******* aim with iron sights you shouldn't be allowed to touch a firearm
  4. Exostrike

Iron sights are fine for most things, its just when your fighting armour at the other end of a valley, being able to zoom in to hit the side armour would be very useful.
  5. Hydragarium

I'd love to see you actually hit someone with a rocket at "the other end of a canyon" without lock on in the first place. They have forever to react to your missile.
  6. Exostrike

magriders are the worse for this. At least the other tanks can't shift to the sides.

Though I did once shoot down an ESF, though it was at point blank range
  7. Zotamedu

The Iron Sight is nice at close range but it's useless at longer range since it completely obstructs what you are trying to shoot. I often use the little red dorito to aim for because that is all I see of the target. If I lose it, then I have to spot the target again and reaim. I would gladly pay 200 certs for a ladder sight or the type of sight that the Bulldog has. The current sight is really really messing up the launchers.
  8. Liquid23

i have no problem with it... in fact it's better for aiming with the absurd rocket drop because it still gives a better FOV than the ones with scopes... also a ladder sight would be next to useless in game as it would mostly likely be non-adjustable and would just block more of your view... honestly most of the scopes in this game are near useless because they offer less of a FOV, are non-adjustable and only offer an aim point... not that it matters since most people just use volume of fire to make up for the fact they can't aim worth a ****... lol

I have no problems with hitting targets even at long range with the iron sight (other than the sniper rifle I use the iron sights on every infantry weapon because they offer greater FOV at all ranges)... but I have a 36 inch monitor so that makes targets easier to spot I suppose... honestly if you are aiming at something with a RL that is far enough away it is not visible in your FOV when ADS you need to move closer... even if you had a different sight where you could see it if it's that far away you had better hope your target is re.tarded otherwise he will see the rocket coming a mile away thanks to it's very very slow velocity and just move 5 foot over

with a RL effective range should be how far away you can aim and hit a target reliably which means it still needs to be in your FOV when aiming... now maximum range is how far you can get a rocket to go when you prop that ***** at a 45 degree angle... past effective range tho that RL is useless for anything other than area of effect fire... most people can't seem to understand this so they use them incorrectly and miss or just ditch them for lock on versions
  9. Zotamedu

What kind of range are you working at? As I said, I often have to shoot without seeing the target. The only thing I go after is the dorito and that is often somewhere in the middle of the bracket holding the iron sight. So the sight itself is completely useless. You know, iron sights are made for things with little drop and for short to medium range. They are not designed to be used with weapons with a bullet drop. The current launchers feel more like a grenade launcher than a rocket launcher so the iron sight is an extremely ******** design.

It is possible to use it but it's crap and you are not actually using the iron sight itself to aim, you are using other parts of the freaking weapon as a reference and aim by trial and error using the Dorito.

I actually get quite a few kills at a distance where I can't see what I'm shooting at. So maybe it's you that need to learn how to aim? Moving tanks are pointless to kill at that range but parked sunderers, camping tanks and turrets are quite possible to hit.

Check this video that shows the sight of the Bulldog.

I would love a scope with such a ladder in it. Or maybe the sight from the anti tank turrets. Something with a ladder design so you can actually see what you are doing.

As for other rifles, are you blind? The 1x reflex will give you much better FOV than the iron sight since there's a lot less crap obstructing your view.