Rocket Rifle Valkyrie?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Coliax, Mar 9, 2021.

1. Coliax

Striker Valkyrie is one of the best things you can do with Valkyries. However if you dont play TR your kinda handycapped with the Valk. So Rocket Rifle. It kinda works like the striker. Did anybody tried this and how well did this work? (aka a Rocket Rifle A2A Vaklyrie)
    • Up x 1
  2. Liewec123

there are so many awesome valk ideas that i'd love to see but for some reason noone seems to have tried.
    lasher valks, tank mine valks and yup rocklet valks!

would love to see more videos of interesting valks :)
  3. MonnyMoony

Tank mine valk would be interesting - like a low level bomber.
  4. mister quimper

Any competent battle valk crew has a strict "no litter" policy. This is because any item thrown from the rumble seats (including all grenades, ammo packs, C4, tank mines, and the NC's Phoenix rocket) has a nonzero chance to instagib the vehicle due to the game's fubared collision system. Lashers, thumpers, lockons, and dropping out to throw C4 are the way to go
    • Up x 2
  5. mister quimper

Forgot to address the original question, sorry: The Rocklet rifle's effective range is only 50 meters which is absurdly close (i.e. suicidal) for aerial combat. At that range you'd be more effective jumping out and booshing or drifting to toss C4. Heavies can use lockons from the front seats (3 & 4) if the valk pilot keeps the nose on target. Lockons from the back seats (5 & 6) are almost always blocked by the valk's VTOL jets, even when the animation shows otherwise; however strikers or lancers still work. This is where the rep engie(s) should sit, btw; preferably with an archer to finish off fleeing ESFs and burning vehicles.
  6. LodeTria

Rocklets have a pitful range so it's just better to eject and use Drifter C4 instead. For A2A you might aswell lick the windows of the enemy instead.

Lasher valks are kinda silly when you can just use the CAS instead, though if you're doing Vanu valks you should just be using lancers anyway so I guess there's no downside to carrying the lasher too.

Tank mine valks are just worse C4 valks cus you don't got drifter jets.

NC valks are the worst though because you have to use the annilator, which from a rumble seat is quite tough. Phoenixs are just a suicide button.
  7. Botji

Ye Rocket rifle could work but it would be a really sub-par version of Strikers.. really really sub-par.

I am quite sure that Strikers have a larger range where they will start homing in which is a great help, with the Rocket rifle you have to almost hit a ESF before they actually lock on. Then we also have the velocity where Strikers have almost double the speed compared to the Rocket rifle.. again, really helpful when trying to aim at the fastest vehicle in the game.

Finally, the damage, I assume they work the same as the Skyguard does with the damage done against air is actually the indirect damage, since they proxy detonate meaning the Rocket rifle does 60 damage per shot while a Striker does 100 damage.

Basically a single Striker is better than having two or perhaps even a full Valk of Rocket rifles since the Striker will hit more often/easily and do more damage when hitting.

+10 for wanting and wondering why VS dont use Lashers on Valks more, I have been in one with 2 Lashers(me being one of them) once and it was glorious. The area denial is amazing when both are sitting on the same side and spraying the same area, like a push out of a spawn room for example(extra fun with the CAS gunner as well).

Lasher is such a underused weapon for the amount of mental damage it causes ;)
  8. Demigan

What about the Phoenix Valk?

Oh yeah those insta-explode inside the Valkyrie upon release. Can't have anything nice on NC I guess.
  9. CarlAdam

What about the Lancer? Thing is a beast if you coordinate your strikes.