Rocket Launchers?! WTF are you waiting for?!?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Brainsmasher, Jan 1, 2013.

1. Brainsmasher

Fix em already! You have destroyed my weaps and totally changed them. Any aircraft that can make a loop can dodge them and it seems all aircraft can outrun them. If luck is on your side 1 outa 5 might hit and if you are lucky they will actually cause damage not explode without causing damage, or pass through the aircraft like its not even there. Don't even ask about the hell long eternity they take to lock on. The only counter measure pilots need is being in a flippin aircraft and being able to move. Ya keepin stats on these things? Why didn't you just name this World of Aircraft? What flippin army would take these POS's into war?!??!? Work on the anti-armor missle as well, when do we get max lockon and when will they start hitting turrets they are locked on and stop hitting the ground when they have locked on tanks?
  2. Kycoook

+1
    NS Annihilator is good to fright a tank or aircraft, but not to fight them. I would even say that there is no efficient AA weapon in this game at all. And yes, the trajectory of locked-on guided missiles has to be fixed!
  3. Nehemia

I keep laughing at the Hawk, all I can do with it is to threaten people "I AM LOCKING ON YOU"
    • Up x 2
  4. Hydragarium

Yeah they are - but never on your own. Rocket Launchers are a team weapon, not a solo weapon. The odds of missing are too high to ensure a killshot if only one person bothers to get shots off.
  5. Dubious

Only reason air flee today is not cause of G2A, but A2A
    Cause they cant tell the difference
    • Up x 1
  6. Dubious

If you read the posts you would see that the main problem is actually HITTING the target, not killing it
    Lockon weapons should have 100% hit rate (not counting in flares/smoke)
  7. Hydragarium

And if you would take a second to understand the mechanics of the launchers, you'd realize they operate on velocity and ability to turn. No lock on weapon is 100% accurate if forced to adjust sufficiently.
  8. Angelos Sanguinum

I concur, why we need to buy weapon for real money(I bought it with SC) that only hits aircraft that hovering or slowboating ? You need that weapon, otherwise pilots nail you even with their autocannons. 1150 Damage is not bad, but whats the point if it missing every damn time. It cost twice more certs than A2A missiles for aircraft but have so miserable rocket speed that even bicycle can evade it. Only basic unguided rocket launcher have normal rocket speed, about 100 m\s.
  9. Eugenitor

Imagine, just for a moment, if breaker rockets failed to kill most of the time. You'd empty your magazine and get maybe a couple of hits, not enough to even drop an infantry's shield, if you were lucky.

Then you get on saying that they're broken, and we tell you that breaker rockets are a team weapon, not a solo weapon.

How do you respond?
    • Up x 1
  10. DieScum

if rockets are a "team weapon" then shouldn't it take a lot longer to "heal" vehicles by one engineer piloting a vehicle?
  11. GaussianGamer

+1000

The rocket launchers are prtetty much useless.

Heres the stats:
    • 1 out 5 locked-on rockets will connect with the aircraft and actually causes damage. 1/2 of the ones that connect cause no damage. Yes, I've used entire clips and not taken 1 point of health damage from an enemy plane.
    • It takes 3 rockets "hits" to kill a small aircraft (after 2 hits that cause damage, the aircraft always has about 5% health left)
    • The magazine only holds 4 rockets
    With those stats, theoretically, you would have to use 15 rockets on the same aircraft before you could actually kill him. So with 3 -5 aircraft trying to kill you, you would have to run back to reload 3 times, dodge all the bullets/rockets fired at you by other pilots while you try find the exact same aircraft that you hit before the reload, continue to dodge bullets while you get a lock-on on same aircraft, rinse repeat 5 times til you actually damage him, reload again, repeat same scenario until the aircraft recieves 3 hits.

In reality, the above will never work. No pilot is stupid enough to stick around when hes low on health to wait for you to reload 3 times and shoot him out of the sky, he will fly off, and return with full health. Its also not possible to dodge all those other aircraft firing at you.

The bove scenario was only against fighters, if a Liberator is shooting at you, you may as well run for cover, because with the increased health, it would take approx 44 shots fired before you could kill him. Thats 11 reloads!!

SUMMARY: the rocket launcher, as is, are useless for aircraft kills. They are reasonably effective as a deterent against new pilots, that may buy you enough time to run for cover. DO NOT buy the rocket launcher expecting to get aircraft kills.

PS: the locking anti-armor rocket connects a lot better, although doesnt cause much damage.
    • Up x 1
  12. GaussianGamer

They are only useful as a team weapon because they are currently broken and useless as an individual.
  13. Hydragarium

You are confusing broken and useless with intended - infantry is free. So are their rocket launchers (arguable due to the 4 variants now). Any kind of vehicular AA costs resources and has a respawn timer. Five people with lock-on rockets can demolish anything coming at them.
  14. TheLastRyano

Mate, they cannot be working as intended at the moment, at least in the case of the G2A (don't use the G2G lockon launcher so won't comment).

The esf just has to make a tiny adjustment and the missile flys right by them, even liberators can dodge the damn things with minimal effort.

I have no problem with them not hitting if the the esf pulls crazy manoeuvres, or if the Lib is shot just inside the missles max range and is able to run before it can be hit, but atm they are a joke.

I have seen four missiles simultaneously go up after one esf from different angles and the pilot hardly moved and none of them hit.
    • Up x 1
  15. Hydragarium

Then I'd call you a liar, Ryano. The missiles have more than enough velocity to make a full turn and catch up to an ESF and more. It is big repetitive turns that make them run out of juice. (That and the fact that there is an issue with missiles that sometimes hit but don't damage)
  16. TheLastRyano

While i really wish i was lying, i'm afraid i'm not (in my own experience), to avoid a g2a missile all the esf has to do (a hovering one) is drop a little bit of height or move slightly sideways and the missile flys straight past him. Have seen it happen to my missiles and many others.

Look i fly the reaver occasionally as well (less since they nerfed its speed) and have no interest in the g2a missiles being instant death, but atm the missiles are damn near useless, i could live with a 60-70% chance to hit if you fired at the right angle but atm its closer to 20% from any angle.
    • Up x 1
  17. Beartornado

Resources are free. You may have a timer on how long you can spawn another, but if your faction is doing well on a map the resource excuse is completely irrelevant. Unless you're being wreckless you'll have quickly regained the resources you spent on your aircraft by the time someone actually shoots you down.

And you can repair anywhere you want for that matter. A little damage to your craft simply means setting it down behind a hill for 10 seconds and then you're back in the fight.

Either way, Anti Aircraft rockets are a joke. I would gladly give up my dumbfire option if it meant the only warning an aircraft had was the lock on period, and after that they had better launch flares or be hauling *** to get away from me if they don't want to get hit. These rockets do not need to be so easy to dodge that if you so much as experience a little turbulence they lose their target.
  18. GaussianGamer

I get the feeling you dont own a G2A rocket launcher.
  19. Hydragarium

I've owned the Hawk? (The old G2A lock-on) since the first week of release. So feel away all you want.
  20. Beartornado

I failed to see any counterarguments to my post. If your excuse is you're losing to players better than you then you're not flying correctly. I'm not even a dedicated pilot and I at least have the good sense to get the hell out of an area too hot to fly in.

If you find it acceptable that at least half a squad of people with G2A rocket launchers is necessary to pose a threat to a 1-man aircraft just because you spent a few resources then I'm going have to ask for an equivalent ground unit that requires a squadron of aircraft to destroy. Maybe an Anti Air mech with 95% flak armor and 4 bursters per arm, 600 resources to spawn.

ESFs are light aircraft, light being the keyword here. Realistically you would die instantly once a lock on rocket fired; unfortunately realistic doesn't necessarily make for good gameplay. A G2A rocket launcher that travels at walking pace and is just as capable of tracking aircraft as a toaster does not make for good gameplay either.