[Suggestion] Right now the splitfire turret SUCKS

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by prodavit, Apr 9, 2015.

1. Rainproof

I really haven't had that many kills with it so a buff would be nice. As it is it makes a great door bell...
  2. teks

I bought some station cash, bought the turret, placed it, and went afk for 15 minutes. Sadly it didn't kill swaths of infantry like I was expecting. I gotta say engineer is a deceptive name, because this is nothing like team fortress at all.
    • Up x 1
  3. Diilicious

98% of my ingame time is currently as an engineer for NC. (apart from before implants when id switch to medic to heal myself :p)

and ive held off using my certs to buy this turret. ive never been killed by one before despite seeing dozens of them around at control points. I always manage to kill it before it does any damage to me, kinda dissapointing.

and since i know there are much better players than me, if i can kill it then theres not really much point in its existance. :D

and from the sounds of it you cant upgrade them once you buy it, and can only carry 1 ? xD

no thanks.
    • Up x 1
  4. Nurath

On the plus side you don't need to worry about spies sapping it.

On the other hand it can't really kill anything so there's no need for sappers...

When I first saw it I was interested, but then a little research (and in game) showed me how weaksauce they were and would be a waste of certs.
  5. cobaltlightning

See, it's creative thinkin' like this that makes the spitfire not nearly as bad as everything thinks it is. It sure is bad, yes, but for what it does it at least does it, even if it oughta do it better.