[BUG] Ridiculous lag, although ping and latency are fine

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Soikura, Apr 15, 2018.

1. Soikura

Hello everyone.
    I didn't know where exactly to post this so I hope this is the right place.
    The video here explains more than a thousand words.

I don't understand why that happens, as my ping and server latency are both fine. My connection should be more than enough as download speed is around 100mb/s and upload is around the same.
    I have had this problem a couple of times before and usually it has disappeared after a day or two.
    I would appreciate any help and/or suggestions on how to fix the issue.
    Thanks in advance!
  2. JadeSinn

steam or stand alone for your game ? if steam turn off steam overly in the steam/settings/overlay. just uncheck the box. if its stand alone dont know what to say. it might be something else.
  3. a-KiRa_tM

I have exactly the same issue, in big fights everyone lags for me, in small fights you can see the guys dying after the name appear (2 seconds after), anyway, at this point I ran out of ideas in how to fix this, also I tried without the steam overlay or even start the game without use steam, mmmm @Soikura what software do you have running in the background? did you oc recently? any OSD? in case we match in something and found a solution for this.
  4. Stoet

In the game options there should be a button to make FPS bound with your monitors refresh rate ( vertical sync) that might help(either turn it on, if it's on turn it off).
    If that wouldn't work you could try to Cap your FPS in the .ini.
    I see u are running 90+ FPs, im only running max 60FPS myself, and im running a 1080TI.(so i could run alot more)

hope this helps :)
    • Up x 1
  5. Soikura

Thank you all for responding :)

I have the game trough steam, I'll try disabling the overlay and get back.

Only things I usually have running are steam of course, discord, ccleaner, avast and CAM software. I'll try to sort trough the smaller programs if I find something that could be causing the problem :) I have not OC'd anything in the past two months so I don't think it can be that :/

I'll go ahead and try putting vsync on and see if it will make a difference :)

Thanks to you all once again, I'll report back if any of these helped!
  6. Soikura

Okay so I disabled the steam overlay and put vsync on and it seems like that it did the trick! :)
    Of course, I can't be sure because I've had the same problem in the past and it would always disappear after a day or two.
    But for now, I am golden thanks to you all! :)

Thanks for your help!
  7. HippoCryties

Hey m have you tried turning VSync on from in game settings. If not try it it might help
  8. a-KiRa_tM

Thanks for your help TheRatRule, I've tried most of the solution that you guys say, but without luck at the moment, the game starts perfectly, then the lag appears, in big battles is more evident, and this is about lag, with good ms around 30/40, FPS 65/70, Vsync on, steam overlay off, even starting with the launcher only, I tried closing the MSI Afterburn OSD as well, at this point I don't have idea what triggered this issue, I've the same hardware and software, I didn't make any significant change, but one day this issue appeared, any suggestion guys? and thanks for the help :) !!
  9. HippoCryties

I think you should try contacting the devs (although there is a strong chance they don’t give one)

They might be able to do something. Have. You tried uninstalling it from steam and getting the launcher without it. What programs are running in the back ? Go to task manager to check there may be something chewing up your GPU’s or CPU’s power. Have a look