[BUG] Rezzing not giving xp.

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by Imposer, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Imposer

Logged on today and started playing as a medic. One of the first things I noticed was that half of the revives I did didn't get me any xp? Has anybody else noticed this or is it just me?
  2. turbomaru

sadly it happens to everyone(im fairly sure) it also affects healing
  3. Muertoman

It could be that the bodies in question were subject to TK's. I have noticed this mostly when people get hurt/killed by our own side.
    • Up x 1
  4. ducktaped

It seems as if only a certain amount of people can be revived before exp is stopped being given. It also does this for infiltrators hacking turrets (exp is stopped being given after 3 turret hacks).
  5. PrimalPhantom

If you rez someone that was TKed you won't get any xp.
  6. Glowcat

Sometimes you're trying to revive somebody who was TK'd, and you get no xp. Sometimes you just get a weird bug that prevents all revive xp.
  7. PSBJ

This happens to me randomly. I'll start healing and reviving people but I'll get absolutely no exp. I think I revived 10-15 people and healed more all in a row and got no exp for it. I made sure they weren't TKed. The only way to get exp again was to die and respawn.
  8. Adept

You can only get so much XP from healing. And yes.. revive is also healing. After some extensive patching up you get almost no XP and then it turns off completely. If you get xp from other sources, you regain the ability to get xp from healing again.
    There is probably some kind of formula at work, so you couldn't relay just on healing xp.
    Until you die.
    • Up x 1
  9. Domnonos

I'm fairly sure the cap is implemented to stop boosting/abusing the system. Still annoying in those huge zerg fights where people get killed in droves, and we can't get all that glorious xp :D
  10. Glowcat

It's not a cap either... you can switch to medic after playing another class and you'll still end up not getting xp sometimes. I've yet to encounter the issue as an engineer who racks up tons of resupply/repair xp.
  11. Gaseous Snake

This is due to TK as others have mentioned. I've noticed this for a while now and I've been playing close attention to it as I mostly play Medic and Engi and from what I can summarise from my findings is that you will NOT get heal/revive exp if:

1- The player in question was TK'd
    2- The player was damaged by his own faction.
    3- The player was damaged by an enemy faction but someone on your side accidentally hits them even a tiny bit.

It doesn't matter how much damage the enemy faction has done to that player but as long as even a friendly stray bullet scratches his helmet, you get nothing. I gather they've put that in place to stop people from attacking their own team mates and healing them and or revives in particular as they dish out more exp than healing.

The one thing about this system that annoys me is that it works differently with attacking. If you attack an enemy vehicle or personnel from 100% HP down to 1%, if someone else finishes the job, they get the kill and you get the assist which isn't fair in my opinion. You do all the hard work and they steal all the exp at the end which will become annoying with the new exp system in place. You attack a Liberator and someone else takes all the exp raked up.
  12. ElastaPlast

I've seen me get no XP from heal or revive, but only when there friendly fire damage. I've watched someone get run over by a friendly sunderer and not got anything when I revived them. Not sure I've ever seen the XP capping though. Maybe because I get frustrated at people running away from me when I try to heal them so I starting shooting the enemy instead of healing.
  13. Bearcat

Also watch if other medics are coming after you and overriding your revive.
  14. Bindlestiff

I'm not sure this is quite true. I've been awarded partial XP for healing players that have been partially damaged by their own empire.