[Suggestion] Rework some TR weapons

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by SuperTrooperWaterloo, Oct 2, 2014.

1. K2k4

honestly of all OP's points, I think the prowler is one of the few TR things that's fulfilling its role properly.

I agree the ES weapons for TR are total ****e right now, and it sucks because I own so many of them.
    • The striker may as well be called the strifer, because that's all the user gets.
    • The TRAP is a piece of CRAP
    • MAX Lock down should be renamed wheel-less flash mode.
    • Marauder being changed from a weapon described as 'armor piercing explosive rounds' to an infantry damaging only weapon which is inferior to the kobalt for that role in almost every way. I don't have a pun for this one.
    • The Vulcan makes some sense, because your enemies will 'live long and prosper' after killing you from outside its recommended range (because your prowler was locked down).

But I guess not everything sucks for TR, just not a lot of good newer stuff.
    • The MCG is actually pretty good. It's situational, but its powerful enough to make up for this.
    • Faction E.S. pistols really don't count since they're not going to make a difference in your gameplay unless you're a stalker infiltrator, and even then arguably everybody's got good choices. Ok I guess the TR do get two pistols which are pretty much poor-man's SMGs, so they're okay.
    • TR's carbines are decent compared to other factions.

Now to try to provide some suggestions to the devs in case they're looking for feedback.
    • Striker needs to do more damage. You can't expect players to want to dump multiple 5-rounds clips into a player or flash just for 1 kill. Make it do roughly 1/2 of the damage of a starter rocket launcher per shot when dumb-fired, and give it a lock-on mode which does the previous damage profile (what was it, 500 damage per hit when locked onto vehicles). This doesn't make it better than the other rocket launchers available, because you still need to hit your effing target 5 times to get the 'better' damage.
    • The TRAP isn't what we were expecting. when ESBASR's were being discussed and the idea of a machine-gun BASR was mentioned, we ended up getting a burst fire scout rifle. Surely this is a mistake. Now don't get me wrong, the TRAP is a fine scout rifle, just not what we wanted. It's also got a bit of a learning curve (enough so that you may be able to get similar results with an NS-7 pdw or a different scout rifle, so basically it serves no purpose in the arsenal).
    • Max lockdown has a couple issues. First, being restricted to 180 degrees of aim gets you killed if there are any light assaults around. The lack of defensive bonuses from it make it suicide. What if instead of increasing the maxes damage and such it simply locked the max in one place but made them IMMUNE to explosive damage. Then it allowed them to spin around and wreak havoc on their enemies. I don't know if it would be better, but it would reduce the ridiculous uselessness which most experienced players find the MAX lockdown mode right now.
    • Marauder used to be TR's bread-and butter Harasser weapon. As soon as it stopped having any ability to damage vehicles, Marauder harassers became instantly doomed if an enemy vehicle showed up. With the degree of tank spam in this game you can guess why you don't see these around anymore. (if they get pulled they die extremely quickly). I'm starting to feel the itch that I'm going to talk about the harasser nerf again so I'll stop talking about it.
    • The Vulcan. OP has a good point, why a short-short ranged weapon on a long-range weapon's platform. Make this thing the cobalt on crack, just a cobalt that can damage vehicles extremely well. - long range artillery machine gun. Sure it sounds OP, but it's no better for the game than the enforcer is on NC vehicles or the Vanu's sniper-laser gun.
    TLDR. Agreed with all points except I feel the prowler's fine.
  2. Krokozor

nooo pls nooo. i know how soe "REWORK". i dont want marauder and vulkan be even worse.