[Suggestion] Rework "Join Combat"

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by csvfr, Nov 1, 2021.

1. csvfr

With 40 minutes left of an alert the Terran Republic was warpgated by NC and VS. These two factions had large zergs at the TR warpgate, but despite multiple available fronts not much infighting. I wanted to play the stated objectives of the game, i.e. to have the most territory at the end of the alert, and so looked to redeploy to a fight where I could be useful. But as no frontline spawns were available, I attempted to use the "Join Combat" function that only wanted to send me straight back to the zerg. A video illustrates the issue:
    • Up x 3
  2. RabidIBM

I agree, join combat is among the things that really needed attention. Unfortunately I think the decision makers we have now need the cause and effect related to bringing money to involve fewer than two steps or else they don't get it. Improve the overall gameplay quality on all fronts so that players enjoy themselves more, play more, subscribe more and tell their friends? Too complicated! Release an intentionally broken crossbow and see the cash sales to buy it, see exactly what dollars were spent on what, yeah that's at their level.
    • Up x 1