[Suggestion] Rework ALL the guns(Some ballistics.)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Benton582, Feb 15, 2016.

1. Savadrin

What I'm gathering from this is that you want more for less, you want the game dumbed down for the slow and stupid, and you want to alienate the long-term veterans who are literally the only reason this game even still exists.

Seems legit.

Also, I'm new. I stuck around, because I come from a gaming generation not made up of whining little ******* and irreconcilable ****tards. Go play with legos.
    • Up x 1
  2. Benton582

First Paragraph response:
    Who in hell said this will eliminate the long-term vets? This game already stagnated way too long, it needs something new to it, like shiny combat systems, and mechanics. Not more useless guns like NS weapons, but more empire specific. And it fixes many problems with lag/calculation issues(possibly. Insert evidence here.), and make the game faster, with better bullet speed and balanced with more recoil. Vets not only have a fresh start, they get more community to lead and play with, and due to the graphics requirements and generally assumed mature content, and not forgetting the obvious fact you didn't read the main post on it not being completely OP to the point of immovable stupidity, it offers a way to freshen things up, and with the present community, they will literally IRON the living sh*t out of anything stupid a immature brat posts. Also, this game gets new players, but lose them quickly. AND THE HEALTH VALUES AREN'T EVEN FINALIZED, IT IS OPEN FOR DISCUSSION, THIS IS A SUGGESTION, NOT A FINAL PRODUCT.

Second Paragraph:
    First, welcome to the game. And please, read the whole thing before commenting.
    A. I NEVER SAID THIS WILL ATTRACT IDIOTS. There are ways I posted to counter the quick death rates with the faster guns.
    B. WHO IN HELL SAID THE GRAPHICS WILL CHANGE? THAT WILL TAKE FRIGGIN FOREVER.

Advice: Please for the love of god, stay on topic, and see if anything in the main post counters your point before posting. You literally contributed nothing to this suggestion.
  3. DeadlyOmen

Jeepers, you have a great memory! Unfortunately, not an alt, a replacement. I've had two previous characters "lost".

No, I don't think the game needs the rework. Its fine as it is, but I am compelled to point out (perhaps as a warning) that talk of balance can only achieve selfish goals.
  4. Benton582

This is more of a encouragement and freshener for both new and old players, as the aging systems are starting to bore players and even worse, confusing and destroying trust by newer players. This game is still on a decline, with less and less pros left. And almost no one to replace them. We don't even have enough to support a pre-Higby battle, around 16k then, with 4-6k now. Balance is not the issue, it's the problem of prolonging fights for newer players. The demographic currently is a mere 20% at BR50 and below, and the rest at BR50 and above. Balance is not the issue, it's the time it takes away from a player to enjoy, not to force him to continuously try to no avail to win, there is no selfish goal to this, as this community actually wants something new to change it up and has literally been waiting for four years. It's not later, it's NOW.
  5. DeadlyOmen

Assertions are assertions. There may be a hint of truth, but still, the motive is self-serving.
  6. Benton582

Assertions are assertions, just like your post, "No, I don't think the game needs the rework. Its fine as it is, but I am compelled to point out (perhaps as a warning) that talk of balance can only achieve selfish goals." I want INPUT, not useless posts that serve no purpose but to contradict itself.

What I want(after a long response): Someone who offers positive input or con but understandable input.
    What you gave me: Assertions, and no explanation on why the motive is self-serving.
    Only three actually replied to the comment, and all the rest offer nothing.
  7. Jacques Cayton II

No
  8. Dirge

You're delusion and bad and you should feel bad.
    • Up x 1
  9. MonnyMoony

I'd like to see damage at range reworked.

IMO once direct damage has started to falloff with range - it should continue to do so - it shouldn't flatten off again after X meters.
  10. Benton582

You.....*Facepalms*, just.....
    AT LEAST SAY WHY, I MAKE A EFFORT TO TRY TO IMPROVE THE GAME, AND I SEE JUST, "No", SERIOUSLY?!? Not even one constructive comment? And here you are, another Forumsider who can't even explain, if you offer nothing, LEAVE.
  11. Benton582

You are an idiot for not explaining why. And read above post. THIS IS YOU.
  12. Benton582

Please tell me specifically what falloff you are talking about, I don't get how it "flattens". And stay on topic. Thank you!
  13. FateJH

He means the second part of damage models, e.g., 143@10m 112@60m, where the damage is a flat 143 until 10m, the drops gradually until 60m where it stays at 112. That sloped line where damage degrades from 143 to 112 is called a "drop-off." He's calling a "flattening" that period before 10m and after 60m where there is no damage degradation.

He is suggesting all damage models to operate like so: 143@10m 0@240m where damage keeps degrading the further out the bullet travels until it causes no damage.
  14. MonnyMoony

The damage profile of most weapons with distance has a flat bit, then a sloping bit (the falloff), then another flat bit - the further away the target is.

I'm suggesting that the second flat bit shouldn't be flat - but rather the damage falloff should continue.

Also - why is this off topic. Ignoring the facts that you don't appear to have understood my post and that you yourself appears to be discussing things like hitpoints and weapon damage in the OP. Ballistics covers both the trajectory and kinetic energy of a projectile in flight (amongst other things). Since direct damage is proportional to the kinetic energy of a projectile - my comment couldn't be more on topic (the topic being ballistics).
  15. DeadlyOmen

That is because arbitrary statements have little to build on.
  16. Reclaimer77

Planetside 2 has some of the best infantry shooting mechanics on the market. Especially when you take into account it's scale. Lobby shooters having things a lot easier.

The TTKs' against most units feel right. Short enough to blitz someone on an ambush, but long enough for good medium range fights/duels to take place.

The only things that push it into the realm of silliness are stupid units like HA Overshield and MAX's.
  17. AxiomInsanity87

I'd just like to remind everyone that Benton claimed not to have use the SAW for a year because "the recoil is literally too much".

Never forget that.
  18. AxiomInsanity87

Some painfully obvious things should not need to be pointed out.
  19. KiakoLalene

Planet Side 1 made it so that players had to specialize in a specific direction to get to the top of tier of a play style. Want to even be able to _drive_ a tank? Pay 4 certification points for that (certs were given per level).

The game also had the option to reset your certs if you were a member, and even if you weren't a member the first few levels weren't hard to get in the game, meaning you could just make a new character to recert.
  20. EclecticDreck

Given the context of planetside combat is small bases, it promotes spam. See, for example, any forced CBQ battlefield map or any COD game ever.