[Suggestion] Revolvers?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by FireKabre, Dec 23, 2012.

1. FireKabre

You know, I was discussing with a buddy on Steam about how Fallout New Vegas was basically a western game with lasers, and that got me thinking: Why doesn't Planetside 2 have revolvers?

The TR could have a nice fasting firing revolver, like the ones from Borderlands.

The NC could have a slow but more powerful one, killing people in one headshot . . . Or not, if that sounds OP.

The VS could have a laser revolver that has a mediocre fire rate and medium - high damage.
  2. RedDominion

Because Planetside 2 isn't a western game with lasers :).
  3. Strube

I agree with the OP. A more long ranged sidearm choice would be nice! Also I think that each faction's revolver should have a unique aspect, rather than simply conforming to the weapon archetype of the faction. Here's my thoughts.

The TR revolver would be the only one which could be fitted with a silencer. Silencer you say? Yes, a few revolvers in the modern day can be fitted with a silencer. If it's doable in the modern day it should be doable in the future too. It also has a small amount of bullet drop - similar to sniper rifles, and reflecting the aspect of the revolver as a sort of "side arm sniper rifle," at least in the stopping power aspect. It's magazine size would be higher than normal - maybe around 8 rounds.

The NC revolver can be fitted with armor piercing ammo (it existed during beta, but I don't know how effective it worked). The idea here is that the NC revolver would be a handcannon, more suited to attacking light armor (Max suits, Lightnings, ETC) then people. The magazine size would be small, at maybe 3 rounds. To balance this, one headshot and one body shot would kill anyone without nanoweave or a HA shield. This revolver would have a large amount of bullet drop.

The VS revolver would be different. Instead of having batteries, it would have a sort of underslung plasma-storage-canister... thing. It would fire tracers which resemble the projectiles fired from the VS rocket launcher, but on a much smaller scale and which travel much faster. It would have high damage, close to that of the NC revolver. "Magazine" size would be around 5 or six. The unique aspect of this gun is that it could be fitted with a "flash suppressor," which would dim or even negate the tracer entirely. This revolver would also be able to be fitted with a holographic sight, as the Vanu prefer.
  4. Garrix

I Think each faction already has what is essentially a revolver in theme if not idea? An 8 shot harder hitting slower firing weapon. It already kills in two headshots I think (or was that three? I think its two...), so you can't really make it stronger...
  5. Niller

NC already have the rebel, it should be reskinded so it looks like a revolver tho.
  6. Stormlight666

PS1 did have a revolver. The ROCKLET RIFLE, a 6-shot mini-rocket gun that could shoot them all individually or fire them all in one massive burst.
  7. LameFox

It's been doable since at least 1895.
  8. FireKabre

I dunno, I was thinking that it would be cool. Ya know, giving the sidearms some more importance.
  9. xen3000

I think they should just hire the guys at Gearbox to make better gun models (components) so that new guns actually look "new" and different. All the shotguns look the same, all the Vanu guns look the same, etc. After that, SMGs please. Then, sure, more sidearms.