Revert this patch and take it back to PTS is my advice

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by CaudillAvenger, Mar 10, 2024.

1. CaudillAvenger

The bugs are too numerous to list here, but I'll name a few:

- physics on Prowler unstable, flipping prevalent
    - flying objects flipping players (may be a hacker)
    - stretched models on death animations for icy armor
    - terminals on Command Centers no longer function
    - invisible vehicles, deployables making gameplay nearly impossible at times
    - turrets able to look backwards through buildings and also on liberators

What a mess! You guys have to get some kind of testing roll-out plan in place. This is happening too often and it takes too long to fix these kinds of bugs with the size team you have. Be realistic. I think deploying all changes to PTS for a period of one week would help eliminate pushing so many bugs to the live servers. As a treat for bug squashing, dedicated players can preview the new content. It's a fair trade and everyone wins. You get devoted players who are more invested in the product from helping find bugs and they get to see the new stuff before most other players.

This kind of development cycle is not sustainable. Throwing changes into live and shipping it is likely to lose people at a critical time in the game's life cycle, when most MMOs are fortunate to have an existing player base. PS2 is a great game and you folks are doing some great work to breathe new life into an aging title. I want to see you succeed!

Tango Mike!
    CaudillAvenger - TR Emerald
    • Up x 6
  2. BoomBoom4You

I agree. I’ve also randomly been transported into the air in some remote region of the map and fall to my death (no, not from an Orbital Strike). I don’t know what triggers it.
  3. Wh1tebe4rd

We have already canceled two events in our outfit because the bugs are just too deep and people don't want to play such crap.

Sorry but who wants to play a shooter where enemies are invisible (vehicle bug)?

The mood in the outfits i play in is getting worse and worse. There is interest in the game and especially in the announced updates but with updates (like the last one) that make it impossible to play, even the last one loses interest in the game.

To be honest, I can't understand how this patch could be left on the servers for even one day.
    I praise the intensive search for bugs, but this should take place on the PTS and NOT on the live server.
    • Up x 4
  4. VV4LL3

The previous lead developer reportedly joked about conducting testing on the live production environment, which is concerning from the outset. There's a lack of visibility on a public test server (PTS) build or community feedback incorporation. This raises the risk of releasing an incomplete, buggy, or subpar product that fails to meet community expectations or requirements. The potential consequences of such risks include loss of customers and revenue.

I resonate with these sentiments, as I've also refrained from logging in or maintaining a subscription until there's acknowledgment of bug fixes through a community message. It doesn't make sense to continue playing or paying for a flawed product.
  5. Mithril Community Manager

Hi everyone, we released a hotfix this morning to address last week's bugs. The team is taking further measures in our testing process to ensure bugs like these don't get released again. Thank you all for your patience.
    • Up x 2
  6. ZORN777

Thank you for fixing the game. Breakdowns happen, this is normal. Can I point out a bug here? It is not critical and does not require a quick fix.