Resolution messed up after patch.. typical.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Bacardie, Sep 16, 2014.

1. Bacardie

How can you break more stuff while fixing other stuff??? Resolution is all messed up now after your "fixes"..
  2. Bacardie

Game loads with everything shifted to the right side. Can't access Settings, can't exit out with out using Windows Task Manager.
  3. SierraAR

I know it'd be only a temporary fix, but have you tried running in windowed mode? There's a setting in the ini files you can adjust to set it to windowed mode if you cant access the menu in game, cant remember what it was off the top of my head though.

I think this might be related to the refresh rate thing they did
  4. Bacardie

Well found the INI file, did the change. Was able to set my res to 1600x900 like it was, but it will only work in Windowed Mode or Windowed Mode Fullscreen, NOT full screen like it was before.

It strikes me funny that the players know more about this game than the devs do.
  5. Bacardie

interesting. My graphics are worse then they were before the patch.
  6. SierraAR

I have a feeling it's probably related to this:
    http://ps2issuetracker.com/browse/PS-401

Went reading through the new posts on that thread, sounds like PS2 might be grabbing the 'max refresh rate' straight from the monitor, and ignoring what the GPU, cables, OS, etc say the max refresh rate are (Resulting in a number higher than what can be supported). Or something like that. Main point being refresh rates broken, although if it works in windowed mode, there's a nice temporary fix.

I /think/ that may be a side effect of running window mode (Not sure, I don't personally notice a difference, but I've seen others saying there is)
  7. t31os

If your system can handle the extra strain, just run in fullscreen windowed, for all intents and purposes it looks just the same.
  8. Aldaris