Resist Shield Tests

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Iridar51, Jun 9, 2015.

1. Iridar51

Sharing three pieces of information from my PTS tests:

1. Allegedly, there used to be "a thing" that a single high damage source could go through Resist Shield, ignoring it completely. For example, a slug round, or a bolt action rifle shot.

I have tested it with SASR, slug Mauler and Commissioner, and there is no such thing. To Resist Shield it doesn't matter if damage comes from one high source.

2. Knives ignore Resist Shield completely. Apparently, a bug, as it's reported twice by other people on Issue Tracker.

3. Resist Shield stops shield regeneration. Not sure why I haven't noticed this before, and haven't seen anyone else say this. Seems like a bug to me. Reported on Issue Tracker: https://dgcissuetracker.com/browse/PS-1486
    • Up x 8
  2. KnightCole

That why my shield didnt regenerate after like 30 seconds? lol....
  3. Iridar51

No, that's another bug, tied to switching continents. Cured by switching class even for a second.

Resist shield is like an Infiltrator Cloak - shields won't regenerate as long as its active.
    • Up x 1
  4. Gutseen

Got a shot to the head from an NC infl, not lethal, but resist depleted my main shields.
    hp was intact.

tb Resist aint stacking no more with nano armor.
    and is fairly useless without a shield regen capacitor.
    • Up x 1
  5. Eternaloptimist

I didn't realise that Resist ever did stack with nanoweave. I thought it just slowed down damage being absorbed by nano for as long as it was active. Good to know anyway. I tried it for a while with ASC bust went back to NMG.
  6. MrJengles

This is the case for all HA over shields. I've always assumed it was intended but... you never know with DB.

As you said, it's similar to the Infil cloak.
  7. Leivve

Long ago, NWA use to be a flat health upgrade not resistance to non-headshots. Back then NWA and resist shield were the only way to go as HA because you had the most health even with level 1 resist. And I actually liked it when the resist shield was the meta not mesh generator, because unlike the later, if a LA or someone flanked you it wasn't an F to win button. Likewise it punished players trying to take a heavy on face to face because not only do HA have stronger weapons then most classes, but they also have more effective health then most people.

Then they changed because people were (justifiably) complaining that NWA let people survive headshots from bolt action snipers.
    • Up x 1
  8. Iridar51

I vividly recall that some time ago there was a thing: if your normal shields were recharging, and your NMG active, even if you took damage, the damage would not interrupt shield recharge process. So this wasn't always the case.

But you're correct, just retested this to be sure - and indeed NMG stops shield regen too. I'm very surprised.
    • Up x 2
  9. Uncle_Lou

Does it reset the timer before shields recharge, or will the shields resume regen as soon as you deactivate the NMG?
  10. Erendil

It does not reset the timer so when you turn off the HA shield, normal shields will resume recharging immediately where they left off.
    • Up x 1
  11. RedArmy

also, resist shield does NOT stack with Nanoweave or Flak armor - it just simply uses whichever has the greatest resistance at the time
    • Up x 1
  12. Iridar51

Makes sense, I've noticed there's a very small difference between having and not having flak while resist shield is active.
  13. Iridar51

Given up on Flak Armor making sense for the time being, and tested NMG instead.

My measurements were not 100% precise, but preliminary results point to these numbers:
    NMG / Adrenaline Shield has 750 energy total, 50 activation cost, 40 drain per second.
    This is more than accepted average value of 600-650.

Coupled with nanoweave armor, NMG can provide up to 700 + 1250 = 1950 effective HP against bullets, which is more than Resist Shield's 1818.

Naturally, there are some caveats, like energy regeneration rate and general availability, speed penalties and effectiveness against headshots, etc.
  14. Nalothisal

I don't know, I've had some luck with resist and flak for a while.
  15. SamReye

Dangit, resist shields, ASC... you have failed me... :(
  16. Asageh

I am about 100% sure this is intentional.
    • Up x 1
  17. TheKhopesh

All HA shields are supposed to act in this manner.