Reset of config files

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by fart11eleven, Oct 26, 2016.

1. fart11eleven

I don't know if it was the new battleye patch (pretty sure actually, because this never happened to me before), but almost all my config files got reset. This was inconvenient, of course, anyone else with the same issues? Can't be only me. I had all my config files reset after a crash of my windows system.

Not cool. Why does anyone fiddle with my config files anyway, should i set them to read only in the future, so some subprogram of PS2.exe does not change them again? Cause these crashes are likely to occure often on my system, simply because i have a small mechanical problem on my PC, which causes it to shutdown on vibrations it catches from the ground. Sounds weird, is weird, and i need to fix this some time.
  2. PlanetBound

I have two installs of PS2. Hard drive and SD drive. The HD version after update reset all my configs. The SD was ok. No idea.
  3. stalkish

Has happened to me in the past, so i now keep a 'useroptionsCOPY.ini' if the game decides to screw me over i simply re-name and re-copy.
    Really annoying if you have good muscle memory and your mouse settings are all changed.
    • Up x 1
  4. Pyrode

I've had a problem since today actually where every time i use a terminal or respawn, my FPS drops to ~20/30. I've found that tabbing out and back in fixes the low frame rate. Anyway.

Earlier i tabbed out, and my computer froze. I hit restart, went back into the game and all of my graphics options were on max. My computer can handle it, but personally i hate it (too much clutter that gets me killed).

So no you're not the only one and i thought it was just my computer misbehaving (it likes to freeze when i wake it from hibernation).