[Suggestion] Requisition Drop Pod

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Serrin, Nov 21, 2013.

1. Serrin

An Infiltrator cert called Requisition Drop Pod that, when fully cert'd, allows you once X-amount-of-time to request a drop pod to any location on the map.

This fits with the Infiltrator theme of getting behind enemy lines/getting into sniper positions and it can't really be overpowered since people already do this by making small squads and using Light Assault to position spawn beacons and then dropping in as an Inf.

It's a cool ability that more or less already exists in other forms including the one mentioned above and then even more popular "fly an ESF and jump out" version so why not just make it official and give us a cool cert line to spec!
  2. MrMurdok

Yes. an incounterable ability to get people with high powered rifles into impossible to reach positions is just what this game needs.

Right? Right?
  3. Astraka

Right.
    • Up x 1
  4. Serrin

If you really think this is any more powerful than having a light assault place a reusable every 2 minutes spawn beacon in a hard to reach spot and then swap to his sniper you might not know very many good light assaults.

And that's just assuming you ignore all the various spots in the game that you can place spawn beacons that make them shoot sideways or into the geometry so they can't be seen at all.

People can already get a sniper to any spot they want it to be anywhere on the map, that isn't really an issue. But whatever, I have no problems running a low settings copy of the game on my laptop to make my own 2-man squads to deploy my own characters with.

Anywhere a sniper can see you from, your snipers can see him from. Snipers really aren't that scary if you don't stand around staring at your shoes in open fields this was just a suggestion to boost "fun" factor, not to make anyone more powerful.
  5. LownWolfe

I'd rather have Orbital Strikes

[IMG]

NUCLEAR LAUNCH DETECTED