Requesting help on FPS issues.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Fligsnurt, Mar 11, 2013.

1. Fligsnurt

Ok First off, my rig:
    I7 960 @ 3.20GHz
    12 GB DDR3-1066 PC3-8500F (533 MHz)
    Radeon 2 GB GDDR5 HD 6970 (Manufacture HIS)
    ASUS Rampage II Extreme
    (not that its important) 2 1TB WD Caviar Black

I am having issues getting decent FPS out of this game. I am looking for any input on what I need to do so that I can increase my FPS in platoon sized battles. Currently with medium / low graphics I get 50-60 FPS out in the open with only a couple other people around. In platton sized battles I get 25-30 FPS. With lighting effects / shadows on low and most others on high I get 50 FPS tops and 20-25 FPS in platoon sized battles. This just seems off to me. During all of this my GPU never passes 75% usage (880 MHz GPU clock and 1375 MHz Memory clock increase of 20 C in temp) and my CPU threads are as follows 1) 15-25% 2) 0-5% 3) 70-80% 4)0% 5)70-80% 6)0% 7)70-80% 8)0% and the game only uses around 2 GB of RAM.

So essentially no matter what I change settings wise this game will not max out my GPU or my CPU (none of the threads reach 100%). And the FPS never seems to get better going below my medium-low settings. Also running backround programs in abundance or not doesn't seem to effect anything but my overall RAM usage (multiple chrome tabs eats up tons of RAM). So my question is what can I do to get better FPS if possible or is this game just so poorly optimized that it refuses to push the limits of my PC and I'm stuck with terrible (to me) FPS during the fights that this game is supposed to be built around. Any help would be much appreciated.

Edit: Also I play on 1920x1200 res and would prefer to not change if possible since I also run a second monitor to have vent/ts/other chat programs open on.
  2. warmachine1

Because game runs on outdated engine that cant use multi-core processors properly, right now there is no diference between dual & quad cores.
    It also uses 32bit architecture only & DX9, there is little to no place for optimisations in this state
    • Up x 1
  3. Fligsnurt

Most of which I already knew but was trying to reach out to the community to see if there was any thing I could do to squeeze out atleast 30+ FPS in platoon sized combat situations. Other then overclocking and upgrading anything.
  4. warmachine1

Try setting render distance in UserOptions.ini, but dont really expect +30.
    • Up x 2
  5. Kreyen7654

If there were more smart people on the forums like you bro. I have suggested this video to so many people. It does help trust this guy, he is a smart person!
    • Up x 1
  6. Fligsnurt

Alright thanks and I meant getting 30+ FPS during the fights not gaining +30 FPS Im sitting around 20-30 FPS in larger fights atm and it really hurts the infantry combat with the fast TTK. Having my screen acting sluggish is no benefit to me and I do enjoy infantry over spamming vehicles.
  7. Fligsnurt

It was a huge help man. Thanks so much. Gained 5-15 FPS in platoon+ sized fights and Im sitting at a solid 55-65 FPS everywhere else including while moving with 2-3 friendly platoons between caps / fights. Thanks so much.
  8. Fligsnurt

Update: Thanks to the new patch I lost 15-30 FPS on average and can't break 35 FPS when just standing in the middle of no where staring at the ground. Let alone max out at 20 FPS if anyone shoots near me or I am around 6 or more other players.