Reporting player on site not longer effective?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AgentRed, Apr 26, 2020.

1. AgentRed

I found a few people at warpgate most recently using some time of botting software/ client. Which is againist the ToS. So I been told over the years to report it through the website and not through the game because it is more of a placebo. So I took video evidence of this incident. I submitted a ticket on the site about it.Then I woke up this morning seeing that my tickets were closed. I was thinking great they looked into it. Then I saw they were closed withing minute of each other with the exact same message. So I was think not so great. Then I go check my youtube account found out that they didn't even look at the videos. So my question is whats the point of reporting people if DBG doesn't look at the report? Most of the time in the IT world once a ticket is closed its closed. I have attacked a picture of the ticket and views.

https://imgur.com/gallery/10bVsRM
    • Up x 2
  2. BrbImAFK

RPG's anti-cheat policies and actions have long been considered largely irrelevant by the community at large (or at least, that's the impression I get). Basically, unless a character is flying around in a MAX, with 100% accuracy and HSR and shooting through walls from under terrain etc.

RPG doesn't ever appear to ban anybody unless they're doing stuff like the above. Even the most egregious examples of dodgy **** will still see those characters playing today unless they cross that boundary. Hell, I've reported dudes (with screencaps, killcam and killfeed etc.) who are using exploits to get under the map (like the broken router one which has been around for ages now) and they're still playing today.

The Planetside 2 "Report Player" functions are a placebo, nothing more, and the only cheaters that ever get banned are the stupid script-kiddies who buy the egregious stuff from well-known hack-sites. As long as your aimbot is programmed to cap your accuracy around 35%-40% with a HSR up to 50%, you can 'bot to your black little heart's content etc. etc.
    • Up x 3
  3. JibbaJabba

That's ********. Reopen your ticket and say just that.

How did you look into my issue if you never watched the video?

I can confirm that they do take action though. I've gotten people banned and been able to confirm it.
    • Up x 1
  4. ChUnKiFieR

It just looks like what it isn't. Ask anyone whos' been banned. Also keep in mind that when you report someone even with proof, they have to go into the game and actually catch them doing it. They have to have a complete detailed server log so they can justify to a superior why they banned someone who may have at one time been a paying customer. After all, Planetside 2 is a business before it's a sandbox.;)
    • Up x 1
  5. Werkitten

The cheater is not a paying customer. He does not need to invest money in the game, as he can easily get any things for free, due to the overwhelming superiority over other players.
    On the contrary, cheater is very harmful to business, as it deprives other players of motivation to receive in-game legal improvements.
    • Up x 1
  6. Towie

I remember a thread some time ago with screenshots of a Mosquito under the map and thought - well that's pretty damning, surely a ban.

Instead DBG deleted the thread and the player is still around today. Not what I was expecting.
    • Up x 1