Repairing turrets but stopping just short of full? What do you do?

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by Alizona, Feb 26, 2013.

1. smoke eater

Part of sticking around and repairing turrets right after a zerg has left; is finding those few enemies who are still lingering around and try to recap the base.
    I mainly try to do the AA guns back to full since they are the most effective weapon to repair. The cannons, not so much unless you want to try to keep a tank at a bit of a distance for a minute or two.

There are interesting arguments here for doing both, but I think I will still repair to full.
  2. Alizona

Well, after a few weeks experimenting, I'm back to repairing everything in full. No more 99% repairs.

Why? Because on my server during the day there is apparently only two engineers operating as repairmen. Myself, and another player. I see him everyday doing what I do, soaking up the certs.

Once I began doing my 99% repair strategy, he began to complain. Today he sent me a /tell and we had a long conversation about it. He seems like a good guy, so I agreed to stop doing the 99% stuff at his request. I agree with him, it's very annoying to pull up to a station where everything is "down", and then find that they all only take one quick click of the repair tool trigger to fix. :)

It's still just a game, I don't want to be a jerk to my own teammates, there's nothing to be gained playing a game that way. Games are meant to be fun, otherwise why play at all?
  3. Springheel Jack

Anyone who I catch repairing to only 1 HP I shoot them in the face immediately for wasting my time.
  4. Kanzy

It never bothered me that other engineers are in the area repairing, it never bothered me that other teammates grouped up at the same turret I am repairing and repaired it with me, hey thats just getting the repairs done faster, faster repairs means a stronger team.

There are other ways for an Engineer to get certs, why restrict it to just simply repairing, isn't that boring? why do boring stuff in a fun game such as PS2 just for a few EXTRA certs
  5. Blackinvictus

I always repair to full even at great risk to my life or getting run over, lol.

I may have to take a break from the zerg for a bit and start repairing bases.
  6. Rainproof

It's a engineer trick (some of the time) to not completely "fix" a turret so that when the bad guys come back they see a destroyed turret and don't shoot it up and don't see it as a threat. The Good guy engineer pops in place and gives the turret the final squirt , jumps into the gun shoots the heck out of the bad guy. Downside is a non- engineer can't help defend. Fun is where you find it.
  7. Alizona

Try being a bit nicer. If my fellow engineer teammate had taken that approach with me, I would have kept repairing to 99% every day just to tick him off in addition to ticking off the opposition. I would've gotten double satisfaction then.

But instead, he asked me politely to stop, and explained why it was upsetting to him. I am a reasonable person, so I listened to him and we worked it out.

Don't be a jerk in life, unless you really enjoy being a jerk... I know some people do enjoy it.
  8. siddar

If I find someone repairing to 99% then leaving while i'm repairing I'm going to TK them.
  9. Springheel Jack

Have some consideration for others in the first place.

"Herderp, if I don't repair this, someone won't come around and blow it up again!" Except in that case, it closes the door to someone else to come along after that and get some Certs, say if they don't have the time or the desire at that moment for anything more involved.

It's a cycle of life in the game. Don't be bad, don't break the cycle. It's idiotic to do so. You know you're ******* off the next person to come around.
  10. St0mpy

short stopping the AA is good for watchtower battles, there tends to be ESF floating about and unless you want to babysit the turret theyll come back and shoot it when youre at a different part of the base, meaning when you really need to clear the sky itll take a minute to fix

no more with short stopping, leave it almost fixed till you need it and nasty ESF cant kill it while your back is turned
  11. Tatwi

That is the stupidest thing I have ever read in regards to this game.

This is a game. A game where 100% of the content IS other people. If folks want to play this game, it would be wise to treat everyone who plays with respect and sportsmanship, regardless of their faction. Failing to do this will kill the population and the game a long with it.

The idiot who gave you that advice was severely confused. "Never let another faction take your land" is 100% the purpose of this game - it's not about being a jerk to everyone who is not you...
  12. LibertyRevolution

Some ENG did this to half the amp station I was at.. So I fixed them all even for the 0XP it gave me.
    Do you really expect only ENG to man the turrets???

I want the enemy to kill the turrets.. then I can repair them again.

Typically I log in and attack an AMP station, kill all the turrets, then fix the place back up.
    I then retreat so the enemy can take it, and do it all over again.
    I can make 12k an hour score like this, so why would you not repair them??
  13. Evil Monkey

I feel kinda sad reading this post. This sounds like a job, not a game.

Did you know you could get a job at McDonalds, work for 3hrs, and BUY kit worth 2000 certs? Or you could play for 20 hours repairing turrets. If you reverse the equation, you are technically "working" at PS2 for $1 an hour.

You just said it yourself - you are bored stiff. So why do it? I'm not being nasty, but... ..why? Why not find something you enjoy and do that?
    • Up x 1