[Suggestion] repair tool

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by RedArmy, Dec 6, 2015.

1. RedArmy

the Engi repair tool
    so it gives, it should also take away
    left click repair friendly vehicle/max
    right click damage enemy vehicle/max (at reduced effectivness)
    • Up x 1
  2. Eternaloptimist

Sounds a bit suicidal tbh, given the effective range.
  3. Azawarau

Sounds like my kind of suicidal

Enemy sunderers here i come
  4. RedArmy

well honestly, when im carrying claymores, a carbine and an AI turret - ive got nothing that can damage vehicles, even abandoned ones. and i give thought to my repair tool and ask, "well if it can give nanites, why cant it take them away?"
    • Up x 1
  5. tritan67

I don't see a reason why not it would bring funny videos to YouTube of an engineer soloing a stuck tank or something.
  6. Respawn

Keep in mind that other classes/loadouts also sacrifice damage to vehicles to instead focus on infantry.
    But yes, I think such a mechanic would be quite interesting, and would make the engies like just that much less boring...

To those that may argue "OMG 12 engies rekt my tank with their tool wtf OP!!1!", I would instead ask "Would 12 engies be more OP than 12 heavies with C4 and Decimators?"
  7. RedArmy

one could be said that 12 engis could also use C4 and AV turrets, so they would naturally be stronger than HA anyway. thats due to lacking the shield
  8. cobaltlightning

Seems a bit like Battlefield's welder thingy, imo.

That don't make it any less interesting. It'd be nice to have 3 classes have some sort of anti-vehicle capability by default, even if the unrepairing is the least effective. Make it work on Base Turrets, too. Nothing would surprise that infiltrator more than a few engies sucking out the health of that freshly hacked Spear.

I can now imagine an entire platoon of engies dropping on one enemy sunderer, draining all of its health until either they or it is dead.
  9. Problem Officer

It should infect the target with nanites, causing irreparable damage.
    Have the HP gauge filled from the top by a different color like radiation in Fallout4.
    • Up x 1