[BUG] Repair tool sweet spot

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by IceShades, Jan 1, 2013.

1. IceShades

Make it glow when the repair tool is equipped, or just make it so the beam sticks to any part of the vehicle jus like bullets can hit anywhere on it.
    sometimes you just dont have enough time to search for it..
    • Up x 1
  2. ABATTLEDONKEY

.......................................You have no sympathies from me. rocket spamming INSIDE a biolab?! sorry but im glad your repair tool diddnt work. and deconstructing JUST to deny XP? that is suck a dick move i cant even describe it. I will never understand why people do that. also if you know how to use that repair tool properly it would never be an issue. there is a trick to the repair gun. stop asking for baby proofing.
    • Up x 2
  3. IceShades

haters gonna hate.. if u have a problem with me start a new thread.
    pls focus on topic.
    • Up x 1
  4. Jac70

Rocketspamming in a Bio Dome is lame but then rocketspamming anywhere is lame so what you gonna do. Until / if the devs realise giving the fastest, most agile and manoeuvrable unit the stongest weapon in the game = BS then people are gonna farm.

As for deconstructing vehicles, hell yeah always. Why would I give XP to enemies when I can prevent it?

Anyway on topic, the repair tool is fine as is.
  5. Aghar30

repair tool is fine, you just don't seem to know how to use it well.
  6. IceShades

i dare u to try repairing a mossy inside a biolab under this stress. u dont really have the time to think about where the damned sweet spot is.. mainly looking at the minimap making sure no LA stabs me in the back
    Oh and Alfred, Get the wine....
  7. Clay Pigeon

Nicely disguised epeen thread, Ice. 9/10.
    • Up x 3
  8. DankFist

Sounds like a personal problem. Repair tool is fine, even under stress. go show off your exploiting skills else-where.
  9. ABATTLEDONKEY

I did, you suck with the repair tool. thats about the long and the short of it. learn to use it and most mislabel your videos.

I dont hate, I simply dont sympathize. you were being a ***, and exploiting gameplay. i dont hate for it because you are simply one out of millions that are ruining the gaming industry.
  10. IceShades

yeah thats totally unbiased..
    dude u dont even know me.
  11. Hydragarium

THIS JUST IN - CLEVER TACTICS IS NOW CONSIDERED EXPLOITING!

MORE AT NINE!
  12. ABATTLEDONKEY

I think you need to look up the word biased.

I dont know you as a person. thats fair enough, however unless that video is a complete offshoot from how you really are as a gamer, then i know enough to know that you contribute to most of the trends that ruin modern gameplay. this video is a perfect example. in this video you use 2 gameplay mechanics (deconstructing, and the mossie itself) in ways that this game was not designed, and in ways which are purely self serving, to accomplish nothing more than being an annoyance, and yet your focus, to the extend of the video's title, is how much the repair tool is finiky. DESPITE the fact that you actually simply suck at using it.

on thread topic, the repair tool beam always goes to one location, even if you are pointing away from it by a good bit. on aircraft is somewhere near the center. you see that white beam going towards the center of the plane? point in the same direction. there, now you know how to use the repair tool.

you can figure out how to rocket spam inside of a bio lab but cant figure out something as elementary as the repair tool? yea im pretty sure i got you pegged as a gamer type.
  13. Hydragarium

Says who, dawnkee? The fact that you can pilot aircraft inside of bio domes does not make it an exploit or unintended behaviour.
  14. Skadi

i honestly have more of a problem with deconing than being in the biolab... hell i help tanks get inside biolabs, haters gonna hate.
  15. LameFox

I think I must be the only person in the game who doesn't give a **** when my enemy bails/decons/whatever. Certs and xp are nice, but... I mainly just wanted them to die.
    • Up x 1
  16. ABATTLEDONKEY

I would argue that the base design was pretty well intended to be completely secluded from any vehicle influence. I honestly dont really care if people fly planes into the bio dome because chances are your going to get killed VERY fast, and chances are ill be doing the killing. My contention with the OP is that he is, by all means, playing the game in a self-serving fashion, and then gets upset at such a trivial issue that noone i ever talked to about it has ever even thought about it. My opinion of the repair tool is that it is much to forgiving on where you point it.

My beef is the mentality, not necessarily the action.
    • Up x 1
  17. FateJH

There not enough repair tools on Auraxis to fix what's wrong with this thread.
    • Up x 2
  18. Marked4Death

Drop a few certs to upgrade that sucker
  19. Wrel Developer

Great vid.

And yeah, agreed on the repair tool change. Love it when it looks like I'm repairing something, and am not.
  20. wrenched

do you get you aircraft resources back when you deconstruct?