[BUG] [Rendering] Enemys just disappearing

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by JackD, Feb 3, 2013.

1. JackD

The rendering is broke. Since yesterday i see hostile ESF just disappearing and as i witnessed right now, this also counts for Infantry, just a moment ago a guy just disappeared after i shot him once with my sniper, he was not dead, i just couldn´t see him anymore.
  2. RobotNinja

Well...they did say they were introducing "optimizations" in this update/patch and if you can't see them, that's less for your cpu/gpu to render therefore...OPTIMIZED! Boosh.
  3. JackD

Ok now i get it, after i injured them heavily they are less of a thread so there is no need for me to see them anyway.
  4. HannaDest

Broke ? Not surprising it does not function. I guess it jobs at a diner to get some cash.
  5. RobotNinja

Also, if you're one of those flybies who loves A2AMs you might as well forget them now because enemy air won't render either until you find yourself inside a tornado of a platoon of enemy ESFs, MAXes, turrets, you name it.
  6. Canaris

they can see me but I can' see them, yup must be working as intended :(
  7. Olek

It's broke alright, couldn't see any infantry outside of 50m last night, could not see incoming rockets either, and everything up to 50m was popping in and out, added to this my MAX unit cannot hit anything up to 10 feet, rounds just pass straight through them, though this one has been happening for some time, but this bug has become known and is being exploited by Inf.
    I hope they fix this soon
  8. QuantumMechanic

It's been like this since the last week of beta.
  9. JackD

No, it never has been like this for me before. ESF just appearing and players just disappearing at the best sniping distances. It never affected the gameplay for me now it does in such a huge way that it every role i like to play is useless