Rendering distance

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ac3s, Dec 8, 2012.

1. Ac3s

Dear SOE, i like your game alot, but on certain moments its unplayable.
    Such as the high amount of player battles in the tech plants, the rendering distance becomes a joke and before you know it your inside a group of 20 enemies or you kill loads of friendlies with grenades because you have no clue where people are.
    This needs to be fixed imo, since its an MMO and PS2 at the moment can only support small to medium sized battles.
    You really need better server performance where lots of players are fighting in close quarters, stop this silly rendering distance of 5 meters and let us be able to play this true MMO style.
    I hope this will be better soon since losing a base you defend for hours gets lost on an invisible zerg of enemies, cmon srsly.......
  2. Warruz

"As you may have heard this weekend we are running a double xp weekend to say thanks for your patience during our launch. Our stability is in good shape now. Client crashes are down 95%. We have a patch coming next week to address a bunch more bugs and make some balance changes Matt Higby mentioned in another post. In addition we will be making big improvements in the infantry render distance issue. We get that it isn't good sometimes so this will be a big improvement. We also have a new anti vehicle weapon coming. "

Stickied at the top
  3. Gramps

Got a tweet from Alex Hoffman @muldoonx9 that linked me to a tweet from @j_smedley that says "Big patch next week. Lots of stuff fixed. Working on infantry render distance." So hopefully by next week it's improved.

4. Mukist

The bigger question is what can SOE really do if your machine is crap... you are still going to have rendering issues. If your machine is crap or at the minimum specs please don't complain on the forums. Go get a better machine if its that important... it is a free to play game after all.

This wasnt directed toward anyone imparticular. I'm just saying what needs to be said.
  5. ed_anger

6. Ac3s

who said my pc is ****? thx for ur info tho
  7. Dubious

Go read forum rules
  8. helloworldy

I heard somewhere they said they want the game to work on wide variety of machines.
    When done correctly you could easily run this game on some cheap dual core and a non-existent graphics card while keeping the render distance just fine. Believe me, you can make this game look as bland as a slice of bread if necessary (with a little help from SOE).
  9. Mukist

Once again I was just putting that information out there, that wasn't directed toward you at all.