Render range why you suck so bad...

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Cer0, Nov 23, 2012.

1. Cer0

I played in the beta and rolled mostly as a NC Inf (they were the only ones with a bolt action for the longest time) I got my 12x (or IRNV which is a rant for a different thread) and used to sit on the mountain beside Zurvan on Indar when Indar was the only continent. I had no problems seeing into that base or shooting anyone I could see (after managing bullet drop of course), I and anyone else could pull of some beautiful shots. But now with render range its like I can't see nearly that far, I will be scoped in with a 8x and they will move a bit farther from and just disappear. So then I move a bit closer and boom there they are again. Its like the render range has been set to whatever the other classes can see. Even a 12x only helps a bit. Anyone else having this issue?
  2. zijin_cheng

Yes. It sucks. There's a bridge made out of rock on the overpass, and most snipers (like me) camp out there taking out guys spawning from sunderers.
    However, many of them disappear at a certain point, you see other teammates firing into thin air and wonder what on earth is happening.
  3. Exidius

Render range is below acceptable. Well I really hope that get s WAAAAAYY better with optimisation (which is unfinished as stated by SOE)
  4. TribbleFluffer

you do know you can change the render options right? its in the main playeroptions.ini file or somthing, leme find it an ill post it in a minute as an edit

EDIT:
    Open up the launcher. Now click on the wrench on the bottom left and click open game directory.
    Find and open Useroptions.ini in the newly opened folder.
    Look for under [Rendering]

RenderDistance=

It SHOULD be set to like 1000.0000 or somthing... least mine was. but then again i checked cuz i was having the same issues, the higher graphic's settings you play on with a limited computer setup the lower the render distance, i made the mistake of maxing mine and i was getting shot at by phantom tanks and snipers.
  5. Meccros

the render setting is only for terrain, not player models, thats controled by the server
  6. Jojotheclown

It's worse than that. I can be up on the center top of a base and with a 12x scope, enemies on the outer towers disappear.

This is ridiculous.
  7. SGTTEMPEST

The worst I have seen so far is enemies in the ~150-200m range vanish from my screen as I am lining up a shot. As it is I don't see shots outside of 300m ever really being feasible on a regular basis. Which is ridiculous since I can hit centre of mass shots on a human sized target IRL with an assault rifle + 2x scope @ 400m