[Suggestion] Remove VHC´s already!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Shinrah, Apr 26, 2013.

1. Shinrah

TL: DR @ the end.

Let´s see: New NC MAX AV

Guided Missiles, honestly?

This is just the latest step in SOE´s conquest to turn VHC´s into huge moving coffins.

Over the course of the last months we had:
    Lancer
    Nerf to HE reload speed
    Striker
    Nerf to all explosive AOE radii
    Phoenix
    Increasing amount of players with Flakk armor
    AV- Mana
    Gravity added to Liberator´s Zepher&Dalton
    Buff to existing AV MAX weapons
    Improvements to Lock-On´s guidance mechanics
    Buff to AV / AA turrets

And some more I´ve probably forgotten here. All these changes have massively impacted current VHC combat. Now SOE starts to introduce new AV MAX weapons?
    So far MAX units have been pretty much the only unit (aside from Infiltrators who didn´t hack AV turrets) incapable of being effective against ground bound VHC´s. The pre-buff AV weapons were mainly a Cert sink, after the buff they aren´t deadly but at least you cannot ignore them anymore.

The new generation of MAX AV however, seems to be an entirely different beast. And the amount of available AV/AA in the game is slowly getting out of hand. The last months have only seen changes that worked against VHC combat in PS2, while VHC´s --aside from vanity armor-- were ignored when it concerned new abilities or weapons.

Air combat is at a stage where any further changes that negatively impact it will likely result in most people simply giving up on it. But, in all fairness, if you know what you´re up to you can still be effective and have some fun.

Ground combat in VHC´s however is borderline suicide atm. You lack the means to quickly escape dangerzones that ESF´s have, you often can´t bridge the distance to your target before you get killed. Often enough MANA´s & ESRL Squads don´t render, or are still so far away that you can´t fight back.

TL: DR :

Soo....what can be done?

I vote for a simple yet drastic method.

- +150% Armor for MBT´s , 100% for Lightning´s, 50-75% for Sunderers, 50% for Flash´s
    - 750R for MBT´s/Sunderers, 500R for Lightning´s, 50-100R for Flash´s
    - +10m CD for MBT/Sunderers, +5-7m for Lightning´s
    - Stabilize all MBT/Lightning guns to allow for mobile combat, currently every little bump throws your aim off by miles
    - Do not change DMG or AOE radii.
    - Reduce mechanized resource gain by 25-50%

This should grant VHC´s the durability to deal with the massive amount of AV, at the same time reduce their numbers drastically, and still keep them in line DMG wise. The current DMG of Tanks & co is imho fine and balanced. But their durability is not. To justify a buff in durability their numbers must first be reduced. I would very much like to see these, or similiar, changes on the testserver.
    • Up x 2
  2. VanuSovereignty

MBTs are getting a health buff next patch, and can you PLEASE stop assuming that the things on the test server are final.
    • Up x 3
  3. BengalTiger

How would the MAX weapons sell if they weren't much more powerful than the AV MANA turret?

After all, the MAX comes with a resource cost, a timer, limited ammo, and the user can't really repair his/her own MAX, requiring the support of other players.

Looks like a slippery slope, the next batch of weapons will pretty much have to instagib a Galaxy...
    • Up x 1
  4. Sledgecrushr

I so want the dual guided av max missiles. That looked incredible. The shield is awesome. The flamethrowers are just plain rediculous. Gimme MOAR DAKKKA!!!!
    • Up x 1
  5. Shinrah

I´m not assuming that, they are however being implemented. Further adding to the amount of AV. Yes, MBT´s they´re getting a health buff, but that alone isn´t going to solve anything.
    If VHC combat in this game is supposed to be balanced and fun again, we need less VHC spam. Only then can we justify to buff their durability. I´m pretty sure most people are annoyed by the amount of VHC you can spam atm.
    Dedicated VHC players feel shafted because they invest 1000´s of certs and die just as fast as any stock VHC, and Infantry players feel shafted because they sometimes get steamrolled by more tanks than they have infantry on the ground.
    That´s not how it should be!
  6. WalrusJones

The quantity of AV isn't an issue, the power is.

WE could have hundreds of AV weapons, for all classes. If only a tiny fraction of the high risk ones were as powerful as todays AV, av wouldn't be an issue, and tanks would feel badass still (While not necessarily being any more powerful.)
  7. Phazaar

What's a VHC? And what's 500R?

Don't make up initialisms.

VHC I'm assuming is 'Vehicle'. It's four extra letters and is actually faster to type than an arbitrary and unnecessary initialism.

R must be resources, but again, there's no need for making this up when you could just use the word and not force the burden of time wastage onto your readers.

Now that we've sorted that out, I completely agree. The new MAX weapons are legitimately ridiculous in their current states. I am equally concerned as the first responder states that they will not be tuned much since if they are not better than the AV turret they will not be purchased.

The Riot Shield is also an absolute joke in its current state; absolutely worthless in every encounter where you'd want to use a shield, and always trumped by Charge. It's also of no benefit to AA MAXs, whilst TR+VS get huge buffs (to a ridiculous level) to their Burster damage output.

And for the love of God, everyone stating 'It's just a test center', you need to understand this is a fallacy that's already been perpetrated twice on the public of Forumside 2. If you complain BEFORE launch, you're told 'wait for launch, values will be changed'. If you complain after launch you're told 'LAWLZORZ, BEEN ON TEST CENTER FOR AGESSSSSS, MAYBE TRY PLAYTESTING AND COMPLAIN BEFORE LAUNCH NXT TIME? KTHXBAI!' We also appreciate that there is a test center forum, however it is frequented by barely any players, which means no combined rage (the only thing that the devs respond to). These posts promote people getting onto the Test Center themselves to see just how ridiculous X, or Y is.
    • Up x 2
  8. Zipzee

I'd rather the focused more on fixing what's already in the game instead of constantly adding OP versions of what's already there but broken.
  9. Zenith

Wow @ those guided rockets for NC MAX. That's just nuts. :eek:
  10. Udnknome

Are you kidding me?? It's a AV turret that moves w/better AA capability. I don't care if the single does half the damage (double does full) of an existing AV turret. If I was a Max Primary user, this would definitely be a buy.

As far as the original focus--- People have been calling this game Vehicleside & ESFside for a long time.

There is a huge problem that this game installed when they decided to let everyone have access to every vehicle in the game with no prerequisites. The vehicles have to be weaker to be balanced with infantry squads, otherwise you can just tankzerg / ESFzerg everything. While this may be fun for you, this is not balance. If this is they type of gameplay you want, you should go play WoT.
  11. Shinrah

Well, sadly that´s the curse of F2P games. Then again they could stick with vanity stuff until they sorted out the existing balancing issues. At the moment they keep throwing out new weapons on a monthly basis causing new issues left and right.

Mind you, I never stated any oppinion about the current lvl of the new MAX AV weapons. My main concern is that new AV´s increase the amount of AV present at any time evern further.

Even if the new AV weapons would be balanced on an individual basis they wouldn´t be balanced for the bigger picture. That bigger picture already includes large numbers of AV capable unit´s, and even in the current state of the game Tanks feel like steel coffins. Further tipping the balance is most likely a bad idea. They should first fix one of the biggest issues PS2 has at the moment, before worsening the problem.
  12. Andy79

that would be the best thing to happen
  13. FischiPiSti

Only after reading through the entire thread, did i understand just wth VHC is... duh

Anyways i dont think that weapon is going in game in that state, its so OP is not even funny for an april fools joke..
    They need to have less dps then dual pounder/falcon/whateverthebarneysuse going with the same principal that lockons have less damage then dumbfire rockets, the same should apply here. Even from a business stand point theres not much point making them too op, because i dont think that many people bought a second AV max weapon yet, despite the recent 'buff'. Each gun should have their strengths so people buy them for different situations. For example the pounder is pretty bad at long range, should have good damage close range, this weapon will be pretty good at long range, should have low damage to counter.

Looks like they took the numbers directly from the engi AV turrets and put it on the test servers to test if it crashes some poor slob
  14. Sulsa

Regardless of gameplay implications...

...THAT LOOKS FREAKIN' AWESOME

:eek:
  15. Vyss

Doing so is an indirect magrider nerf since it's one of the view bonuses to how the tank is built.

Tanks need to be much tougher to kill and repair true but pricing something at 750 is ********. There would be 0 reason to get acquisition certs since you couldn't earn the resources to pull another one even at the default time. Perhaps the certs could reduce the resource reqs but that might be too good.

Sad to say but they overnerfed tank splash and it needs to be buffed a little bit (say 25%-33% with 100% being the old splash).

As for those falcons, they look sweet as hell. Maxes should be better than infantry at AV when equipped that way but they should also cost a **** ton more than they do. Max being the same price as C4 is ridiculous and they should be 300-450 a pop. 100 is purely spammable.
  16. Andy79

if you are manning the saron and the driver is constantly moving cause he got to move the whole vehicle to aim, its not really a great experience
  17. Vyss

True but having the main gun stablized is the only real benefit we gain from not having a turret.