[Suggestion] Remove upside-down damage for vehicles

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Demigan, Sep 4, 2022.

1. Demigan

Its simple:

Remove damage to flipped vehicles. This stops some annoying bugs from killing vehicles.

Add a tool to flip it back up. It takes a few seconds to succeed flipping it. This adds some gameplay to recover flipped vehicles.

Perhaps also allow it to flip enemy vehicles, would add a nice bit of gameplay where the owners need to get out and fight whoever flipped it before they can safely flip it back. Keep in mind it takes a few seconds before the flip happens so it wouldnt be easy.
    • Up x 4
  2. UberNoob1337101

+1, it would make some maps a lot more vehicle friendly and there's no worse feeling than randomly losing an MBT.

• Up x 2
  3. karlooo

In the ANT's terminal, when deployed, there is just one item in FIELD TOOLS section called the "Welding Device".
    It would be cool if there were more devices added, like one as you mentioned that would flip a vehicle by lifting it up, rotating it to a level surface and dropping it. There could be another device that physically pulls a vehicle that is targeted, like a tow cable, in case it where stuck in a ditch....Making the ANT a cooler logistics vehicle :D

And if the vehicles don't blow up and evaporate when it gets stuck or flipped....Then the vehicle physics should change where the driver has to drive with caution instead of how it is now where you hold the w key and it goes forward like dragging a magnet car.
    This would add a bit more role playing to the game.
    Speaking of immersion I just thought of something, I will make a new topic about it.
  4. Demigan

No.

This would not make the ANT more valuable, it would just be a giant middle finger to anyone who accidentally flips their vehicle as they now have to find an ANT somewhere willing to deploy and let them access their tools, if not find an ANT and get one prematurely before the flipping. This tool should be available to anyone using a vehicle, any time, anywhere. Otherwise you might as well not bother.

If you want the ANT to matter do something else. A simple idea would be to give vehicles the ability to swap loadouts on a cooldown at a cortium cost near deployed ANT's. It gives players a larger flexibility without the need for dumping their current vehicle and buying a new one. It also means the ANT is useful beyond a niche "I flipped my vehicle could you come over here for a fraction of a second".
  5. karlooo

It's not about the ANT, it's about players not valuing their vehicle. Everybody treats their vehicle/tank like a can of Pepsi. You give them a tool like that and they will drive even more recklessly.

And also to promote interaction. With your thinking might as well make the game a deathmatch... Might as well bring back that stupid battle royal. A lot of criticism towards that game but based what I am hearing some people deserve it.
  6. Demigan

- They dont treat their tank like a can of pepsi.
    - they wouldnt drive more recklessly, just because you dont lose your vehicle when you flip it doesnt mean players will flip them left and right. You might see maneuvers with more risk of flipping, but that just means more maneuvers can be considered as viable meaning more diversity in the gameplay.

This isnt promoting interaction. Flipping a vehicle is a niche occurence and if you have to spend 10 minutes finding an ANT in the first place just to "interact" with it for 5 seconds and then flip your vehicle the entire interaction just screws over the gameplay.

Again that is why I proposed ANT's to have the ability to let other vehicles swap their loadouts. Its not a necessity to have the ANT there, but when there is one you can quickly interact with it.

And no it wouldnt turn into a soli battle royale. Your idea for interaction would be as sound as letting all vehicles drive at max 500m from being spawned and then needing Cortium from ANT's as fuel to drive. It just adds an unnecessary interaction designed specifically to hold the game back rather than expand it.
    Also unless you play solo a battle royale has 10x more teamplay than PS2. Because most of them have specific sets of commands and markers to make transferring information and coordinating with one another easy and effective, unlike PS2. Battle Royale's are SPECIFICALLY designed for teamplay. Saying it dumbs down the game to a battle royale just shows how little you know of game design.
  7. brutes359

I actually agree with this idea. I would say keep the damage but give the vehicle a delay before it starts taking damage and have the tool be available as a suit slot or maybe even an implant.
  8. karlooo

But if a tool like this gets added, then the vehicles should have a harder time driving. For example less traction, less grip for vehicles, specifically tracked vehicles so there won't be anymore tanks on like some mountaintop. And Magrider's HP should be nerfed, it too tough for how agile it is.
  9. karlooo

Well, you know....Only if the devs do nothing of importance as they usually do.