Remove "Trowing" C4 like a Grenade.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Dreez, Aug 27, 2013.

1. FocusLight

All classes - infil can use C4, so nerfing C4 would not be a nerf to LA, directly or indirectly. The LA is simply an infantryman with a jetpack for hightened mobility, it's not designed to be a frealking C4 delivery boy, that's just one of the many ways it can be used.

Personally I'm more of a fan of the flash+Shotgun base assault kit, but that's me.
  2. VakarisJ

What gave you that idea?

C4 is one of the most stable explosives ever made. It can only be detonated by intense heat and pressure at the same time.
    A tank could drive over it and it wouldn't explode. You could shoot it and it wouldn't explode. You could set it on fire and stomp on it and it wouldn't explode.

Why would you not be able to throw it? It's not like there's a hazard in doing so.
  3. Liewec123

[IMG]
    Watch the soldiers carefully plant the C4...

MEANWHILE ON PS2...
    "C4! I CHOOSE YOU!"
    [IMG]
  4. Kulantan

Watch and marvel at soldiers being revived by nanites after getting smacked in the head by a tank shell.

Meanwhile in real life people worry about death.
    • Up x 1
  5. TheBloodEagle

Gaming snobs everywhere...EVERYWHERE.
  6. Zotamedu

That's a problem with the drop pod mechanic and not the C4 or tank mines, both can be abused in the same way and it's highly annoying when it happens. Then need to fix the render issue with drop pods and the fact that you cannot shoot the guy through the pod. Maybe dropping people from the pod 10 meter up or something.
  7. Peter Daniel

8. Aegie

First, LA is the only class without a tool. Therefore, C4 is more meaningful for a LA because it acts like a stand in for where a tool should be.

Second, the ability of the LA- the jetpack- is pretty weak (albeit fun) compared with the other choices with the exception of having a good synthesis with C4. Moreover, if you could not drop C4 but instead had to place it then this would affect LA more than other classes because LAs are a lot more likely to use dropping as a delivery method since they are the only class that can jetpack. Forcing C4 to be "planted" and removing the drop functionality therefore affects the LA more than other classes.

Ergo, on at least both of those counts, nerfing C4 in this way would affect the LA class more than other classes- hence why people would refer to this as an indirect LA nerf because every class gets a bit of a nerf (you now have to wait longer to use the item and cannot drop it from ledges) but LA is affected more because now you not only have to wait longer and cannot drop C4 from ledges but you also can no longer use C4 while using your ability.
  9. Aegie

My hair is a bird.
  10. Izriul

Yeah..not like I said that already, pretty much exactly that, just worded slightly different. Then numerous pages of people continuing to say...the same thing. Why not just say it one more time eh?
  11. Scorponok

consider that the soldier is going into a hole With a Live Mine or bomb...wouldnt you go down nicely and place it carefully on it? they need to make it so its a controlled explosion...
  12. Liewec123

nah, i'd just spawn an LA and hurl the c4 in the direction of the hole :)
  13. VakarisJ

The reason for it is because some of us can't be bothered to read the responses to the thread at times.
    It doesn't matter if you said it first or not. I quoted the OP, not you, after all.
  14. Izriul

"uh huh"

Despite it being almost identical...right.
  15. VakarisJ

What are you trying to say?
  16. JonboyX

PS1 drop pod mechanic. Pick a drop spot on the map using a cross hair (no zoom option, so accurate to about 50m). Click Spawn. Then you drop there. None of this steering a tin can malarkey on drop.