[Suggestion] Remove the AV base Turrets from Tower Bases.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Scr1nRusher, Dec 2, 2016.

1. Scr1nRusher

Tower bases not only need A removed out of all of them, but the AV turrets also cause people to not be able to attack the bases.
  2. Eternaloptimist

Well, they are a PITA but Tower bases change hands all the time don't they? I've blown a few AV turrets myself with C4 to clear the way for the ground huggers and tank jocks
  3. FateJH

Isn't the point of playing defense working to keep opponents out?
    • Up x 3
  4. Okjoek

But they just removed AV turrets from all techplants...
  5. Scr1nRusher

3 point Tower bases say HELLO.

Which was a very good thing.
  6. Pikachu

Tower bases, capture points, Scr1nrusher... reminds me of something.
    • Up x 1
  7. Inzababa

what is this trend to remove turrets and where is it coming from????

A game goes on fine for years and all of a sudden we discover problems that didn't exist before?
  8. Scr1nRusher

Heres the thing, those problems always existed.
  9. Crayv

While we are at it we need to remove the spawn rooms, people keep using these to spawn at bases to keep the attackers from winning.
    • Up x 2
  10. SoljVS

I'm all for removing the spam of turrets from every base. Either that or make them only active if the area is contested. Hate those losers who sit 2 hexes over in base turrets with no fight nearby.
  11. CapEnTrade

Spawn camping is already bad. NO!
  12. Scr1nRusher

You have no idea what this thread is about do you?

Now you are trying to spin this.
  13. Crayv

A bit.

Normally you spend more time repairing the things hoping a sniper doesn't shoot through the dead turret (because it doesn't render to him) and hop in for a few seconds and right back out before it explodes to repeat the process.
  14. Scr1nRusher

Consider that I'm talking about Tower Bases & there impact on the game & its map flow historically.
  15. doomedking517

personally i disagree with them being removed, i think they perform their jobs well, and if they are a PITA then that just demonstrates it. do they need adjustments, maybe (they may have been placed too high, granting too much range... but just decrease the bullet velocity so they dont go as far instead of getting rid). removing them would be foolish considering if your opponents have a pre-existing armour group, then defenders have little chance of making one and getting to good ground atlaest if the enemy was only 1 base away therefore the defenders need all the AV they can get... not to mention in the vast majority of cases the turrets get blown up almost straight away anyway (predominantly due to the above issue of not being able to pull enough defending armour - or atleast not enough dedicated tankers... we can all agree default MBTs stand little chance against dedicated tankers right...), and engineers repairing them are snipers wet dreams (along with manning deployable turrets and stationary medics). i also dont think that they do that much damage to tanks so its not OP here (i mean unless they shot you in the back), its probably a pain for infantry but then we as infantry know EXACTLY where they are, so we should have to avoid their line of fire... its not like they are sat on tracks that slide around the towers...
  16. Newlife1025

but i like turrets... they're a little addition to the defense
  17. LaughingDead

All fairness, point defenses are impossible to permanently remove for the attacker, you could simply sit a turret all day, repair it and waste a tankers time keeping it down. I'd rather have defenders proactively defending instead of playing repair the turret simulator.

I wouldn't mind it if they replaced it with AI towers, the whole point of vehicles is to destroy entreched defenses so forces can move up, I think that would be a neat form of synergy.
  18. SarahM

If more bases had multiple exits (and larger exits) in different locations, there would be less spawnroom warriors.

Techplant underground tunnels are a nice step, but could use some signs with arrows and a label for the destination (e.g. "this way to the SCU building, this way to the western gen, this way to the tube near the vehicle pads). Ofc, smaller bases would need only one or two more alternative spawn exits.
  19. Ziggurat8

But what are all the little certless lowbies gonna use to kill MBTs and Sunderers?

They should be level restricted. Lol. Make them more powerful but once you hit BR30 you're locked out of them.