[Suggestion] Remove the ammo resupply cap.

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by Upgraded434, Nov 13, 2013.

1. Upgraded434

Please just do this it won't kill you. We are not going to boost with them the experience we receive from them is 15 with 50% experience boost that's a long time before we gain a cert.
    • Up x 1
  2. RealityWarrior

I disagree. the limit is per supplied person it seems. It just keeps people from taking multiple Engies and every one toss down an ammo pack and fire one round from your pistol and reload. With 6 people doing this your 15xp *5 = 75xp every 3 or 4 seconds. That is 1500 or 6 certs per minute. if you had 11 people it would double to 12 certs a min. Now stack that to a platoon and every single one fo them would be gaining 3525 xp per reload or 282 certs per minute

There are limits for a reason.

If you spawn in another hex your ammo boxes limits reset and if someone new walks up you still seem to get xp from them, its just the people that you have already resupplied several times that dont give xp any more. I have not proven this but my experiences lead me to believe that is how it works.
  3. Xebov

Sadly you are wrong. The XP cap on Ammo Packs is global. If you have heavy fighting and you are the only Engineer around to give Ammo to 10-20ppl around you that shoot all the time you get XP for about 10-15s every 4 or 5 minutes. So basicaly you put down your nice certed Ammo Pack for nothing.

I dont agree that the XP Cap should be removed. Instead it should be changed so the Cap is no longer counted global, instead it should be counted per individual player. This would prevent palyers from fire and reload XP farming, but would give engineers that are alone supplying whole platoons the XP they deserve.
    • Up x 8
  4. Ryekir

Except for the whole working as a team and helping others thing... not everything is just about XP. If you hadn't dropped that ammo pack, none of those people would have gotten ammo and you likely all would have died as a result (including yourself)
    • Up x 3
  5. MarvinGardens

You do have a point, but not everyone thinks only of the team while playing. I've noticed there seems to be significantly less ammo packs on the ground and they stay deployed for shorter periods of time now after they capped the experience you could gain from it. It's sad, but good teamplay needs to be incentivized or else it will simply not be done. I'm suspecting that as soon as the xp cap is reached engineers are changing their class and doing something else, rather than letting their teammates use their ammo packs for no gain.

I do believe that something needed to be done to prevent abuse of cert boosting with ammo packs, but setting a hard limit(a rather small limit at that) isn't the best answer. Perhaps setting a limit to how much you could get per person over time would be better, but it also sounds way more complicated for devs to implement.
  6. teks

The cap is random. The irony is you can totally sit o a pack and fire pistol rounds and it wont cap but you put it next to a group fighting for thier lives and it caps within a minute
    • Up x 4
  7. Xebov

Thats why i drop them anyway. I allways drop my Ammo Pack and i also got a fully certed one. But while i still help my team with these, and sometimes die when i bring one to my team, i dont like the situation as the current way the cap works simply works against team play.
  8. Upgraded434

This game is about teamwork but what's the point if you can't get rewarded.
  9. vsae

Someone is too afraid of people farming BRs
  10. Schwak

While I agree with boxs being capped, I don't agree with ammo sundies or repair sundies being capped. If someone is going to spawn a vehicle to be a asset to a large tank column instead of getting kills like everyone else, reward them!
    • Up x 3
  11. Bonom Denej

I don't play engi I didn't know there was a cap.
    Can someone explain a newbie how it works ?
  12. Upgraded434

After engineers feed you cannon fodder people ammo they get EXP (experience) after a while they no longer get that EXP so they no longer have a reason to give you ammo and that hurts everyone.
  13. Bonom Denej

How many EXP in what period of time is required to reach that cap ? Because "a while" can be pretty much anything.

Also
    What the **** ? Why would an engi stop deploying ammo ? I mean, it's one of its first role. If there is someone to blame, it's not really the EXP cap, but the greedy engi that doesn't play his support role right.
  14. RealityWarrior

That is exactly the real issue. No one knows. It just stops. It is less time than my fully certed ammo box lasts (6 min) but it is only if there are several people resupplying from it. I would hazard to guess when you have earned approx 25 to 30 resupplies. After that you just stop getting xp. You still receive notices that people are resupplying but you earn nothing for it. After that you just kinda get 1 resupply every 60 seconds or so that you get xp for and that is for the rest of your time in the hex or until you die.

Why? Well to not do it out of spite would be stupid.

However I use my own ammo box constantly. First thing I do is drop it when ever I set up shop somewhere or if I run up and run by a solo person off by themselves away from boxes I will drop off one for them to top them off as I run to the next place. If I am gaining xp from an old one I will not drop my box just to top myself off or one guy off, I will leave it for the group. However once I stop getting xp I have less incentive to leave it back where I placed it indefinitely. I will put it where ever I want once the xp stops.

Honestly the people sitting on the box should at that point be full and will be effective for quite a while before running out of ammo. Good chance another engie will come along and drop one too. (ever noticed the ammo boxes tend to be clumped up? its because ALL those engis get full ex from each reload. That is where the people shooting are so that is where the ammo box goes.

Personally I think a better change would be to divide the xp among all the ammo box owners that could have resupplied the guy. 10xp for 1 box, 5xp each for 2 boxes in range, 4xp each if 3 boxes in range, 3 each if 4 in range, 2 each if 5 in range. 1 each if 6 or more in range. That would discourage just dumping your ammo box where there are already a few at and would get them spread out more. Heck even keep a cap based on xp earned. It would take longer to reach the caps if this was the rule.
  15. Bonom Denej

That's actually really smart but as we know, it's probably no priority since this "issue" isn't really adressed so far. But now I can see this better. But the cap has to stay because it would be too exploitable as someone prove.
  16. DeadliestMoon

If it isn't all about XP then why worry about the XP cap?
  17. Bonom Denej

Wasn't that Ryekir's point ?
  18. Upgraded434

So you want to be the only one to reach a high BR? Thats what I call greedy You get to battle rank 100 while the engi stays at 13.
  19. Bonom Denej

Yeah sure, the engi ONLY gets EXP through ammo... You won't make me believe that. My friend engi drops ammo like everyone else, don't even know about the EXP cap, and he has more EXP/min than I have with my HA and a way higher kill count. I'm not a reference, but Engi lived through this day with this cap getting EXP without problem. So yeah, if an engi stop dropping ammo because it doesn't give him EXP without caring about other that could be empty, he's greedy.
  20. sestun

How about a cap on Medics? How about no exp for a medic who kills you?