[Suggestion] Remove Alert Weapons from Pool

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by YellowJacketXV, Dec 5, 2019.

1. YellowJacketXV

As the title says, Alert-based weapons should be removed from the reward pool and allowed to be unlocked with certs/DBC.

My primary faction on Emerald (TR) has only had 3~5 continent lock victories during the past three to four weeks. Having content like that is simply locking out TR from the reward pool. IT's bad enough that NC and VS both boast a sizable Cert and ISO payout after the alert, but they also get nice things on top of it that TR basically can't even touch now.

If DayBreak isn't capable of fixing the grossly disparate playerbase population, then the least they could do is stop punishing people for playing one of the different factions and at least allow a feasible shot of acquiring the same rewards (Granted just with longer time).

Edit:
    I use this website:
    https://ps2.fisu.pw/control/?world=17
    For confirmation of data.
    From the time checked, there were a total of 30 listed continent alerts and TR won 6 of them, all during non-prime time hours such as 1 am or noon. Compare this to 14 for NC and 10 for VS. TR roughly sits at half the win-rate of VS and a third of the win-rate of NC.
  2. Liewec123

i know how you feel, i main NC on Cobalt and we never win the primetime alerts,
    what i count as victory these days is if we can make the VS zerglings lose to TR.

i don't think that they should remove the weapons from alert rewards, but i think alert rewards should be based on individuals,
    (like a recent thread suggested), if i play really well and am putting down game changing spawn pads and sunderers,
    nuking enemy sunderers to stop attacks etc, i should be in the prize pool for the good rewards.
    instead some guy switches to VS to mindlessly zerg for an hour is showered with rewards and i get nothing because i didn't switch.
    • Up x 2
  3. ZDarkShadowsZ

That's so kind and thoughtful of you. In fact, whenever I play my TR main on Cobalt, I spend it thinking exactly the same of NC.

Whenever TR is clearly not going to win the alert and it's a huge tug between VS and NC, I just go fight VS to help try and push things in NC's favour.
    • Up x 1
  4. Scroffel5

Ditto. Thats what I count as victory, as an NC guy myself.
    • Up x 1
  5. YellowJacketXV

I'm not gonna lie I'd rather lose to NC than VS because it feels like NC actually grip it by the skin of their teeth.

Plus I like the whole "rebels vs empire" theme.

And honestly I'm just perpetually salty because I can't get the Shortbow. I am one of those weird engineers that plays with the Archer and runs around with a utility sidearm (like the Emissary) to act as a new primary so I can find a place to pretend I'm an infiltrator.

I just really like AMRs and it's super funny to put a 7x on the Archer and sit back from half the map away and repeatedly piss off vehicles.
    • Up x 1
  6. Liewec123

with ASP you can get a shotgun secondary :D
    and if you put slugs on that shotgun you have a kinda "ok" close/mid range weapon and can use the archer for long range :D