Regular cheaters

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Spandex4all, Oct 24, 2023.

1. MonnyMoony

In what context and with what weapons though? I never said a 40%+ HSR is impossible - but such a high HSR, whilst flying (i.e. when you can't ADS), with a huge K/D, huge KPM all whilst using a full auto weapon at range?

Good players may be able to max out one or two stats in certain situations - but to consistently max out multiple stats like this all at the same time?

Look at the stats I posted above and tell me they don't look suspect. I have checked the stats of the top players on the PS2 leader-board and they are nothing close to these. The highest K/D out of the top 10 players on the PS2 leader board is 9 (and even this is a bit of an outlier - most are hovering around 3 or 4).
  2. KillerCEOZ

Because the cheater at the moment is reported 1000 times and make 100kills in just a few min.
  3. Effect

The stats you posted in a different comment that I didn't see aren't what I'm talking about here. I'm specifically talking about the comment you made to me since I actually saw it.

I know a lot of players who can pull high stats in every category. I can do ok myself and I'm a mid tier player at best. Most good players for instance aren't going out of there way to get kills in situations where it isn't realistic. If they're getting high carbine HSR's they're not just flying around a ton, they'll be doing lots of gargoyle style gameplay which is easier to sustain in regards to high k/d/kpm and they're limiting how often they fight at "range" because of the inherent risk involved.
  4. Fraecker

Sure, and most of them use scripts and cheat. NOBODY, i repeat NOBODY makes 200 Kills / hour over months without cheats.
    Especially when this player before hat less then 40 kill per hour.

But it is OK, let us continue and ignore this problem ... like the last years. Next year we talk about the end of the game.
  5. Effect

No, they don't. Sure these days it's harder to hit high kpm consistently over a longer period of time, but it's hardly impossible as long as there's a good fight somewhere.

I don't know who you're referencing specifically but it's not anyone I'm talking about.
  6. MonnyMoony

But not all at the same time - that's my point.

You can get a high HSR and KDR with bolt actions - but your KPM will probably be on the low side, because the opportunity to farm huge amounts of kills probably isn't there if you are camped on a hill half a mile away - plus the weapon itself has a limited fire rate.

You can get lots of kills in quick succession in a dense CQC infantry farm with LMG or is HESH farming - but your KDR and HSR will probably suffer as you get hit by cross fire, stray nades or use indirect hits to get your kills etc.

Sometimes fights just die and you have to move or redeploy to find a new one - so maintaining a high KPM for an extended period of time is unlikely - there are always lulls in the action. A cheater who can instantly redeploy or teleport and farm kills through spawn shields and landscape will probably maintain a higher consistent KPM for a longer period of time than a legit player can.

The system should look at player stats over a short time period and look for abnormalities that may indicate cheating. A high HSR or KDR on their own may not be indicative......but coupled with a high KMP, high movement speed, high kill vs assist ration or whilst using a weapon outside it's effective range could well be. It's the combination of all of these together that indicates a cheater - not any individual stat on it's own.

If you have been on Cobalt over the past few weeks and seen the blatant cheater in action - you can't tell me there is no way to be able to distinguish his gameplay from a legit veteran player using their stats. Sorry I simply don't believe that.
  7. Effect

Yes all at the same time. I've had the lucky privilege of getting to play with and against literally some of the best infantry players in the game. Players who can pull of high KDR, KPM, and IvI simultaneously do exist, though most of them have moved onto other games, maybe logging in once every six months.

Now, when I say high, I don't mean like 40 kdr high, I'm talking about 5 to 10.
  8. feiting_shad0w

I don't understand why you two are arguing over KDR stats and saying "stats can't be used to tell". In my opinion Stats are just a slight indicator.

Now, if you're saying "There's no way to tell." then that's just dumb. A veteran player should know the cone of fire. When I play at night, I notice a TON of VS using wall-hacks and using 100% hipfire accuracy, which is a giveaway.

I repeatedly jet using Ambusher jets and notice some dude automatically aiming perfectly around corners.

You can see them aiming before you're in sights.

Farmers Union of Connery is entirely cheaters. You can expose them by switching to their side, then teamkilling. While you're firing on them, their aimbot won't turn on, but their health-cheating will. You can see them auto-activate heals.
  9. MonnyMoony

Which is exactly the point I made earlier.

I found the stats for some really good players and they had KDRs around 4-5, with one as high as 9. None of them had KDRs like the stats for the cheater I posted (KDR of 37 and a 1v1 KDR of 51 - all whilst playing as LA with a full auto weapon).
  10. TheMercator

I always wonder about those people denying the existance cheaters or arguing against anit-cheat measurements.
  11. NameBrandHipster

I am so absolutely through with the lack of action from Daybreak.

Without a shred of irony. I experience fly hackers every. single. game. since the start of this year.

I had my membership for nearly two years. I canceled my membership and quit the game for a while because of it. I don't ever intend to get my membership again.
    I don't feel it's worth putting my money into a game that refuses to actually look out for its honest players.

Every time I try to play I'm brutally reminded by a hovering tank or flying zerg or homing sundie, that Daybreak doesn't give a single crap as long as they keep getting people to pay for memberships.

Just sad, and infuriating.
    I'm keeping my money, daybreak.
    Fix your game.
  12. NameBrandHipster

This is the day-to-day of the average player.
    Yeah. We totally needed a capture the flag update. You "listened to the players" and Capture the Flag was what everyone wanted huh?
    Yeah. okay buddy.

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Up x 1
  13. Spandex4all

Amen. I am baffled by the silence. I have to say I have not seen a blatant cheater openly doing its thing the last few weeks but now with Cobalt being down 24 hours it shows that DayBreak doesn't care... orrrr the company is going through some serious **** right now. My bet is on the last part. Skeleton crew until everything burns down.
  14. PROTON44

the jerksoldier u mean?
    30 tickets non under 2000 !!!
    anybody at home at daybreak?

just say: "we work on it" so hard to say?